Does SheetCam really need to be

Well… It’s basically the same. Technically the computers do not really have to be on the same wifi or ethernet, but if they are, things are quite a bit easier :smiley:

1 Like

I save the SheetCam files on a folder in OneDrive(iCloud) and then go to my shop computer the table is hooked up to and load from same folder on the OneDrive. Lot faster than the thumb drive.

2 Likes

You do not need both on the same computer. I do all of my work in my home on my desktop. After saving my project in sheetcam, I download it to a thumb drive and save it to a file on my laptop. Firecontrol is on the laptop, everything else is on my desktop. I take the laptop out to my shop and run my project.

3 Likes

I do my design in Fusion in the house then save as DXF. Then I open Sheetcam and create my G code. I then Email it to myself and receive in the shop. Open Firecontrol and load the G code and good to go. Easy peasy. No fumbling with sticks back and forth.

1 Like

Some of us don’t have internet access in the shop, so USB drive is the only way to transfer files from one computer to the other.

1 Like

I keep my nice powerful computers in the house where it’s comfy and safe. I keep the old whipping boy laptop that drives the crossfire in the shop. I use Google drive to transfer the .nc file from the CAD machine in the house to the CAM machine in the shop. I do this with sheetcam and Fusion. If you don’t have wifi in the shop go with sneaker net (usb thumb drive). You’re going to have to do a lot of plugging and unplugging USB drives to wear out a USB port. If it’s really a worry spend $10 on a usb hub. Plug it into the laptop once, you’ll have multiple ports to wear out then just replace the hub.

3 Likes