DIY dimple die available to anyone needing it

Thank you toolboy I will do that right now.

I’m new to fusion 360 and getting it to convert the .dxf to g-code. How did I end up with a dimple die for ants? Haha

1 Like

Nevermind. Fixed it!

2 Likes

Greetings,
My table is supposed to arrive next week. I would like to try your dies if possible.
Thanks

Is the dimple dies still floating around?
Someone mentioned a list. I can’t seem to find it.
I don’t have my table but would like to do this when putting my table together.
How do I get on the list?

I printed out a half-dozen sets that I’ve sent out (US & Canada) with the caveat that they pass them on when they’re done and someone else needs one. They might be around but I haven’t seen anyone volunteering to pass them on so haven’t any real idea what’s up with them. Don’t even know if they worked for the recipients as I didn’t get any kind of report afterwards.

But the original metal one does still seem to be in circulation. Here’s a link to that thread.

1 Like

can someone help me, I would like to know what the hole diameter is in the table.
I was in a hurry to get the table cutting and forgot to measure for a custom weld in fitting :rage:

Sorry I cant help, I don’t have my table at this point. It is in the mail LOL As they would say…

1 Like

Mine are measuring in at 1.080" from the factory.

1 Like

Trying to find who has the Mod2 dimple die … Used spreadsheet and emailed the last person who had it on sheet… And they didnt know anything about it … Does anybody know where it is ??? Would like to use it !!!

I had my nephew’s friend Print me up 2 Dimple Dies V2. They looked great but did not hold up. They were made out of PLA 100%.
image small

I then did something similar to the post below.

Not perfect but it is in the ballpark.

Thank for helping, You can put me on the List too.

Each person put their own name on the list. Just open the Google doc spreadsheet and add your name. I think you have to do that on a computer and not a mobile device

Thanks, I think I’ll just Machine my own Set.

Did you use a press or a bolt to set the dimple die? I used a 3/4x3 bolt with a stack of three washers each side and set it with a 1/2" impact. It worked well for me, I made two of them and only needed 1. You do have to make sure it is set in the center of the hole as the guide hole is slightly smaller than the hole in the pan.

The one I used is still usable so if anyone needs them send me postage and I will send them both your way. Or if you are in Northern Utah or southern Idaho come pick them up.

Erik

@jamesdhatch
sent you an email back about the one’s you made me with pictures in an email, maybe the email didn’t send. One of the dies blew apart before I was able to get the dimple formed.

Nope, didn’t get it. I can print up a new set. Just drop me a PM with your address & I’ll send them to you.

1 Like

I appreciate it but I had a friend of mine machine one for me that worked, thanks again james!

Hello I’m new here just got my water pan delivered and would like to get the dimple die thanks

Welcome to the forum!

I have two of the smaller ones(3d printed) that work with the original drain available.