Discarded passes in Fusion CAM - "Warning: One or more passes were discarded due to linking constraints"

Hello All,

When trying to create the cut paths the tolerance seem to be way too high and many get discarded. I’m following the tutorials, using the architectural plate and all the general settings recommended in the video. All the screw holes get skipped.

Only when I increase their diameter to at least 0.300 will they be cut. I’ve tried several of the projects from the site, and have a similar issue, any smaller geometry won’t get done. I’ve tried reducing all the dimensions in the tool library to see if maybe they were too big and it doesn’t seem to help.

1 Like

Its likely that your lead-ins are too long to fit inside of the holes. Fusion 360 will skip over any features that the lead-ins dont fit within.

1 Like

I figured that much, only problem is I’m following your tutorial exactly. I’ve also started over several times and redid it from scratch just to be sure I wasn’t missing something. Your video only has us changing two settings when creating the tool function (Kerf and Diameter)

Is there some other setting that was just taken for granted and not shown?

Do you have .06 entered for lead-in radius, 0 for lead-in distance, and 90 degrees for lead-in angle?

2 Likes

Thank you, I guess I did miss something afterall

1 Like

Well BoatMan I am right there with you. I was pulling my hair out and after daniels answer it worked for me too. Thanks

Funny. Years later, here I am making the exact mistake. I just watched Daniel’s video. Had the problem with it skipping my .25 holes. Searched the subject error. Landed here. Fixed it… now lets go cut!! I am loving Fusion btw. I should have started here and skipped sheetcam.

3 Likes