Dif. Plasma Cutter with "CNC Port"

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a everlast plasma cutter and it has a “CNC Port” it says. Has anyone attempted to use the everlast cutters on the Langmuir system? I am hoping it just plugs right in?

Any other plasma cutters that claim to have a cnc port will also probably answer my question.

Thanks for any info!

well…if you do a search for Everlast with the little magnifying glass at the top right you willfind posts by myself and others…all about the everlast units
I have the 62i and I use the cnc port for on/off only.
many people have found the reliabilty of the divided voltage to be not very accurate from the CNC port without modifications.
the old addage is…go to the source…not the end supplier…

how far north does the northern-boy live…I am in Ottawa

I have a 52i and just like toolboy, I only use the CNC port for the torch on/off. I went direct to the torch and work lead lugs in the machine for raw voltage for the THC.

1 Like

Thanks man! I was trying to look on the forum on my phone and I couldnt figure out the search mechanism (not use to forums). But I gotcha now.

But thanks for the input, I know a guy selling his new hypertherm 45xp so I’ll look into that too. But yea eh, even with cnc ports we still gotta splice the torch? I wont have the THC for a good while after I get my table so I’ll cross that bridge later i suppose.

And Northern Ontario mate! Timmins to be exact

good old Timmins…been years since I passed through that area…

I just followed their instructions for the RAW voltage connections and used the CNC connection for torch on off. You’ll have to unplug your laptop charger until you can get a three prong to two adapter or you’ll be cussing. Works great with laptop unplugged.

No. The CNC port has the two pins you’ll need to use to connect to the Crossfire. Then later when you get the THC you’ll be have the other two pins already there. That’s exactly how I did mine - used it on the old Crossfire and then added the two wires for the THC after I got the Pro (I made my own cable).