Dialing in a plasma cutter

I have yet to receive my Crossfire table and purchase a plasma cutter as well.

I’ve read oodles of posts here on the forum about getting set up the right way here at home as well as dialing in the table and cutter once I’m set up… Seems to me it would be handy to have a little spreadsheet of just what you’re looking for in IPM /Amps/Etc. for all the materials you’re possibly going to cut. This would be one of the first things I try to plot out before wasting a lot of material and time. I think it would help me keep things straight as I move along through this process and referencing again in the future…!

So, here’s what I quickly came up with. My question is, what would you add or delete from the sheet?

1 Like

Depending on what cutter you get. There may allready be a chart started on this site.

1 Like

Well we’re keeping track of things like tip size and the quality of the cut on the one folks here are keeping for the Razorweld units :wink:

If you buy a Hypertherm they come with one.

That’s great! I’m leaning Hypertherm… Just seemed like some people’s results were more of a “mileage may vary” kind of situation… I’ll probably keep track anyways just because that’s my nature… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Hypertherm chart is pretty spot on. It’s also different than what we’re tracking because they have different settings and they don’t spec out nozzles & tips by measurements, they use terms like “fine” instead (equivalent to a 0.6mm tip on other machines). In fact I don’t think they even call their tip a tip :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Here is the chart from our Primeweld cut 60 manual

COOL! (no pun) …Just what I was looking for!