Defevtive dll files

So I installed all the Mach 3 files from the Langmuir site put the dll file in the plugin folder and put the crossfire file in the Mach 3 folder and when I try to start Mach 3 it says all the dll files are defective. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and still say thing happens.

Is this something I did wrong? it worked on my other laptop don’t know why this one is any different.

@McGee7 Haven’t run into this issue before. Is it saying all of the DLLs are defective or just the one downloaded from our site?

If you remove the Motion Control plugin (DLL) does Mach3 boot successfully?

If so, I would delete the DLL you installed, re-download another copy from our site, and try it again. Its possible the original file you downloaded was corrupted somehow. I would also double check your installation path.

If not, and you’re still getting errors I would uninstall and reinstall Mach3.

Let me know if that helps!

So I’ve actually tried all of that. It says all of the dll files are defective. I will screen shot it when I get home.

Question though while I’m thinking about. When I put installed everything on this pc I did jump the gun and got a little click happy and installed the patch. I didn’t think of it until after and I don’t even know if I needed it. I wonder if installing the patch and not needing it causes this problem.

What version of Windows are you using? I believe the patch should only be applied if you are running Windows 10.

I’m running windows 10. Here is what it looks like when I open Mach 3. Don’t mind mine and my kids giant faces ha ha its my desktop. Anyways, those pop ups come up for every dll file then Mach 3 opens. 2018-08-16%20(1)

2018-08-16%20(1)2018-08-16

@langmuir-daniel got it. I had to uninstall everything again. Also I had to empty the recycle bin and search for Mach 3 and delete any files that came up.

Then I went a reinstalled Mach 3, restarted the computer then added the plug in and DLL file form the Langmuir site.

1 Like

Mine is doing the same thing.

Try doing what I said above