Cutting woes and frustrations [SOLVED]

I am having some trouble with the detail and accuracy with my cuts. My cuts lose detail or do not match the displayed image in FireControl. Usually one side seems to cut fine and the other starts losing curve, squaring off or adding points to the curves. I was hoping to get some suggestions or settings I can focus on to correct this. The same result on both 16guage and 14guage. I leveled the Gantry, took off the casters and squared up the CrossFire frame with a square as suggested by tech support. Could it be interference if the control unit is too close to the plasma cutter?

Plasma : Cutmaster38
Table : CrossFire
Software : Fusion360

Are these your designs? If not maybe they need cleaning up in CAD.
Most things downloaded need cleaning up.
How big are they?
Have you had good cuts before?

1 Like

This looks a lot like coupler slip.

Try tightening your couplers between the motors and the shafts.

6 Likes

Could also be the mounting bracket for the lead screw nuts as well. Not tight they can wiggle around.

2 Likes

They are about 6 inches and the Texas State is about 21 inches. They are my designs created in Fusion, and I have not had a good cut yet, I am usually cleaning up the lines quite a bit. The expected clean up is easy so my speed is good.

Thank you, I will check that out.

1 Like

I would check the two things Tin and Phillip recommend as they are very familiar with your model table.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the suggestions, I am hoping it is mechanical/slip issues as they seem to be easy fixes.

1 Like

more than likely will be motor coupling when it is the lead screw nut and they are very loose circles will be completely flat on one side.

2 Likes

another test would be to move the pattern (butterfly) to another area of the work space to see if it is a gantry roller binding area.
Bob

1 Like

Actually if you cut a circle it will likely tell you which coupler is slipping.

Oooh and I do think it is a coupler, but make sure you turn on smoothing in fusion too. It will smooth out some shapes.

1 Like

IMG_4010

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and support. After assuring that all the suggestions were addressed, I came across these two bolts that were just about to fall out and caused significant play on this bracket. It was the only thing loose and I hope it clears up my issues. I will give it a test run this weekend, wish me luck.

8 Likes

Thank you all for your suggestions, I am getting successful cuts now with the detail I would expect from a plasma cut.

6 Likes