CUT60, compressed air filter

What do the letters “M” and “F” indicate on this separator? No markings otherwise for direction flow…but that’s what I need to know.

Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 9:14 PM.pdf (2.9 MB)

Typically on water separators your Inlet is going to come into the perimeter of the housing, and then your outlet to whatever is being used goes up the center. You might have to look inside to see which port corresponds to the described ports.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a better explanation of the m&f. That’s a new one on me as well.

Air flow, Machine

1 Like

@Cyoung Who manufactured that canister?

Does not have a name, but taking the advice of @Sticks which totally makes sense for orientation.

And if I used the orientation of Air flow/Machine…technically that would put the filter on the outlet side of the “machine” …so I’ll try it using as I stated. Thanks!

Installed as @Sticks suggested and I must admit, there is satisfaction in watching the moisture swirl around and down to the bottom of the bowl. This in on an aftercooler that I installed in effort to do what I can “within reason” to control condensation. Thanks for the input.