Cut60 .8 nozzle settings

Has anyone tried the .8 nozzle for their Cut 60? I just got some, and I am wondering what settings I need to change other than the amps. Thanks for your assistance.

the tip corresponds to the max amps that can be used for that tip so an .8 tip can use up tp 30 amps max.

.9 up to 40 and so on.

if you were using the .9 at 30 amps for cutting then shouldn’t be any different using the .8

i use .9 for pretty much anything below 40 amps even if i can use the .8. I’m not cutting precision parts so i don’t see the difference.

1 Like

Where did you buy them? I have a cut60 and was planning to get some lower amperage tips.

I got them on PrimeWeld’s site.

0.8mm/30 amp cutting tips are ratted at 30 amp max. The orifice hole in a 0.8mm/30 amp tip is .030" so you would get a finer cut then using a 0.9mm/40 amp tip with a .035" orifice hole run at 30 amps. You may want to lower your air pressure by 5 psi also.

1 Like

Does the cut and pierce height need to be adjusted?

I like the cut height to be about .050" for the lower amp consumables as they should be run at a lower air pressure because of the smaller orifice hole. To much air pressure will make the flame erratic causing poor cuts.

2 Likes

Thank you.