CUT SETTINGS beginning of cut right after lead in, not cutting all the way through material (Solved)

Sorry. I read more this form and missed the part where it was at the beginning of a cut I thought it was at the end.

I have had this issue as you can see in this picture and for me the issue was low air pressure. The first Cuts would Pierce and start fine and as it went on it would lose air pressure not Pierce all the way through at the beginning of a cut.

@Knick I’m wondering if you either lengthen your lead in or slow down your lead I feed rate to establish a complete cut before it moves into the geometry.

1 Like

I only use them same settings from a tutorial I learned when I got the machine. I am self-taught not very good with computers. But when I was having that problem and I figured it was the air I would have to pause the program and let the air compressor build up to make good cuts. Since then I have gotten a bigger air compressor and not had that issue

1 Like

Ok I am game to try slowing down the lead in, but I have searched everywhere and don’t see a way to do that in fusion.

Well I guess I did not look hard enough, right in front of my face. Thank you

1 Like

Ok so finally got these to cut after 7 tries some of which were just stupid errors on my part. (cant fix stupid)
Tired slowly down the lead in from 120 IPM to 100 IPM and saw no change.
Tried cutting the eye and eyebrow at 60 IPM as that thing was really shaking things around with those tiny cuts at 120 IPM it really did not help much.
Tired 100 IPM (made things worse)
tried 45 amps instead of 40 not much change if any
So I went back to what gave me the best cuts 120 IPM across the board at 40 amps.
Still gave trouble like the pics I posted.
Changed Consumables everything cut all the way out. I am happy with the outcome.

Live and learn when I get something like this in the future, I will do like @mechanic416 says:
Even if your consumables look pretty good replace then and save the other ones for normal cuts.
(the consumables I was using worked fine on everything else, just not on this)

DONT BE LIKE ME (CHEAP) LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!!!
:rofl:

3 Likes