Cut quality not sure what to do

just curios what would cause this. The arc starts then it looses the cut then cuts through the metal. I was thinking maybe it was cutting a little fast. Just want some opinions. It is 18 gauge mild steel, .070 th, 30 amps, 125 ipm, lead in is .15, plunge rate 30ipm, pierce .1181 in pierce delay .5 sec

Mine is doing something just like this since I did the L1 mod. I am cutting 16ga at 120ipm.

Tell us your whole setup. Cutter, software, air supply.

As a quick test, try doubling your plunge rate.

1 Like

Razorweld 45, sheetcam, 70psi. Its weird because sometimes its fine and other times it does what’s in the pic

I’ll try the plunge rate tomorrow

Another vote for plunge rate, seems like most of us are around 60?

Just seems weird that it’s piercing the beginning but then not cutting the first bit.

1 Like

Update. Plunge rate didn’t make a difference. What I did was change torch height from .070 to .065 and its cutting great

1 Like

Might want to nick it down to .06 and see if it gets even better. That’s the generally recommended height.

It’s worth a shot. Thanks. What are the recommendations for height for 10 gauge?

FWIW Got a response from Razorweld about my torch not firing and they said to set the internal regulator to 70-75 psi when the trigger is pulled. It seems to help with the cut quality and the kerf angle.

1 Like