Cut issues razerweld 45

If you find your pressure is dropping you can increase your hose size. I installed a old air compressor tank for a dry air tank my equipment pulls out of without restrictions.

I ran a rw45 for a year before upgrading. I opened the cutter up and turned the pressure up til I had about 70ish while cutting.

1 Like

Yes I turned the razerweld regulator up all the way I have another regulator on the wall I use to regulate air.

Ok, did a new test dry tank, new beads, new consumables. I took video of it.and this time I got an error.

Did it stop cutting before it threw that error? How far did it cut before it threw the error? Consumables move freely?
Pierce delay may be to long for new consumables if it did this at the start of a cut.

Tried to send video can’t figure out how.

The last cut the outside cut

Point of clarification. In this photo, are the larger burn holes the start and therefore the cut is going counter-clockwise? As indicated by the red arrows.
Cut Direction

What is causing the larger hole as it exits?

Several have suggested the torch is rising and the topside dross might indicate that. The warning you got, also suggests there could be merit: Too high limits piercing and would extinguish the cut.

You may be running out of air or loosing arc do to the metal blowing away. Can you post a picture of your last failed cut?
Work clamp on the material?

What consumables are you using on the torch?

1 Like

The large burn holes are at the end of the cut and the video that I took shows everything being cut counter clockwise expected the last cut. Thats the one the torch miss fired on and got the error.

1 Like

@Dozer can you post the f3d and or the NC file for the failed cutting in question

Ebay plasmamatic

I can but Its doing the samething to all my files there is no open lines in that simple file I created.

Bingo, its most likely your trouble.

3 Likes

Whats my trouble? The consumables maybe but ive been getting 500 pierces out of them. Before they go bad.

Cut rate consumables do not have the quality control that more expensive ones have.

It is “not for sure” that is contributing to your issues but out of a handful, several could be total trash from the beginning.

1 Like

Air or Consumables it is looking like …?

1 Like

Asked yesterday:

Sure im at work tonight ill get to it tomorrow thanks for your help.

Well don’t stress over this. We will stick with you and help until you are up and running.

Everyone of us has gone thru something similar. And please don’t take offense by they way we work. It is just how we process. Everyone is very unique. Once you get past this, you will say “It was no big thing but I learned x or y.”

The problem may not be anything that anyone of us has already pointed at. This is just how the process works to elimate possible causes.

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes

2 Likes