Cut getting off track

I’ve been cutting these out with no issue and all of a sudden the torch goes haywire and the numbers get skewed. Bottom of pic is good cut. top of pic is the problem. TIA

Check for Motor to shaft coupler slip.

2 Likes

There doesn’t appear to be any slip. If it is a slip thats causing this, would I just adjust the set screw? thx

How did you determine this?

It’s hard to really know unless you mark the coupling and mark the shaft do some cutting and see if it still lines up.

The other option is maybe a motor plug at the electronics enclosure is loose or not seated correctly.

1 Like

Would I just mark the shaft from the rear of the motor housing. Where my pencil is in the pic?

Never mind I assumed you had a pro.

Maybe someone who has an XR has some tips for you

No that is not where you would mark if you had lead screws like on the crossfire and crossfire pro tables.
Check the tension on the ball screw, if not enough tension it will spin with ball nuts when changing directions and throw everything out of whack. See if the ball screw tension bolts come loose. Go back to assembly instructions for reference.

1 Like

Check your big nut that holds the belt drive sprocket on your drive motors. I had one come loose and cause the same problems you’re seeing.

2 Likes