CT is here for racing!

Getting ready to order a CrossFire with the XL kit … looking forward to getting to know y’all

2 Likes

Welcome! Got my XL a year ago and have been super happy with it. Lots of good info and help on this forum for sure. Langmuir has also been really responsive when I asked questions.

It was a big learning curve for me (and I’m still learning) even though I’m computer and metal shop savvy but it’s totally been a :+1: for my tiny shop. If you’re not comfortable with computers it will definitely be a tougher journey.

I took my time and started small (simple shapes and lots of scrap tests) to get the workflow straight in my head and I think that really helped keep my frustration level down.

Enjoy!

Bob

1 Like

Thank you Bob,

I’m going to be ordering the original Crossfire 2’ x 2’ with the XL expansion kit. In the meantime I downloaded Fusion 360, and I’m becoming familiar with that.

Like most, we have a small shop also; are they ever big enough? LOL

Thank you for responding,

Jeff

Best advice I’ve heard in a LONG time… Couldn’t agree more… Baby steps!!

Always looking for good advice …

Yeah as much as I’d like to go larger, that just ain’t gonna happen Jeff :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I really like Fusion 360 for doing dimensional stuff (parts, brackets etc) and I use Inkscape and Affinity Designer for arty stuff although some folks use F360 for everything.

I also put out the $$ for Sheetcam to do my post processing after a while of struggling with F360 for that. The CAM portion of Fusion and I did just not get along. Nothing personal :smiley: Maybe I just needed to spend more time with it, but I just found Sheetcam a better fit for me.

If you have any questions feel free to DM me. More than happy to help if I can and if I can’t I’ll definitely tell you that too.

1 Like

Thank you Bob, I definitely will!

hey Jeff, I’m in Danbury. mobile welding and heavy machine repair.

Hey there Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to me … I just wanted to take a minute before I jet out the door to respond to you … 860-912-0540 is my cell … I’ll be talking to you in the future.

Peace, Jeff Eilenberger

1 Like

hey @JeffEilenberger sorry. been busy at work. did you order and receive machine yet?
let me know. Rich 203-685-1575 is my cell number. i ordered the PRO on 2/23. made my first payment on a machine I don’t have yet. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello Jeff, welcome to our world.
I am in East Hartford, I mainly make race car parts and target systems for my gun range with my CF.
Hit me up anytime if you need something.

3 Likes

Cool range targets. Self-resetting?

1 Like

Oh ya, I am lazy, not walking out there.
How you been bud?

@ctgolfer that looks like fun times.

:smiley: I was finally able to get more 9mm chow so I can get back to my range. It was crazy last year trying to get anything but it seems to have gotten better.

2 Likes

JeffEilenberger

1m

Hey Jim, thank you for reaching out to me. I haven’t ordered the CF yet, but I am interested in hearing about what parts you are making for race cars. We run two SK Lites; one for Thompson and and the other for Waterford , making parts was the motivation to getting a CNC table.

We run SK Lites at Waterford, Thompson and Stafford, 3 Lites and 1 Modified this year.
Some parts I can talk about, some I will not.
You will find the Crossfire very useful for experiments and certain parts that get bent often.
Other then that, once a new car is built there is not that much to make with it. Custom spanner wrenches and fuel cell tools are fun to design/ make.
It is all fun.

1 Like

hey @JeffEilenberger and @ctgolfer my shop is right next to EFI Logics in Bethel.
they work on a lot of Subaru’s a few Mustangs, Audis, one or two Porsches. that dyno gets annoying sometimes lol

Thanks Jim, good info … see you at the IceBreaker

Hey there Richard,
I’d like to take a ride down for a visit sometime if that would be okay with you; Just want to buy you lunch, pick your brain and see the CF operate live and in person … Have a great rest of the day!!

Peace, Jeff Eilenberger
860-912-0540