Crv3d to DXF? can it be done, Yes but must be done in Aspire (Solved)

I have this file created in Aspire, from what I see on line is, if I want it as a DXF you have to export it that way from Aspire?

I have not been able to find any software that will convert it

CRV to SVG might work

Online SVG image converter (online-convert.com)

I tried yours and coverto and they both try but then error out.

send it to me

Aspire file is different format. I think they keep that closely guarded secret so youā€™re stuck getting Aspire at 2X the price of VCarve Pro.

I think @brownfox uses Aspire maybe he knows?

To import a CRV3D file into Fusion 360, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Fusion 360 and click on the ā€œFileā€ menu.
  2. Select ā€œOpenā€ from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the ā€œOpenā€ dialog box, navigate to the location of the CRV3D file on your computer.
  4. Select the file and click ā€œOpenā€.
  5. The file will be uploaded to the cloud and translated into a format that Fusion 360 can read.
  6. Once the translation is complete, the file will open in Fusion 360.

If this donā€™t work you should try inserting a mesh file.

1 Like

I think you mean ā€œUploadā€ from the project panel. CRV3D is not an option on File->Open (at least in Design). Iā€™m currently trying to upload a .CRV file, it seems to be working at it. But taking a long time.

EDIT: So 9 minutes later, what did I accomplish? I loaded my .CRV file into the cloud but canā€™t open it. Waste of time unless I want to use Fusion as an incredibly slow cloud server (which I donā€™t).

I would have tried converting but no file was shared.

Michhelmetlogo16.pdf (1.5 MB)
need to change it to a .crv3d

You might need to sign up for free trial of that software to try changing it to something that can be converted. Iā€™m sure someone on forum has it and can be more helpful.

On the Aspire website, it notes:
The free trial will let you use all functions within the software with the exception of saving the toolpaths and performing some ā€˜Exportā€™ functions.

So the trial version is not likely able to convert the file for export.

4 Likes

I have Aspire. If you would like I can convert it for you.

2 Likes

That would be great, did you see it in one of the above posts?

I donā€™t see a crv anywhere? Maybe I am missing something?

It is the PDF file. A common practice on this forum for sharing file formats that are not allowed is to use an extension that is allowed. Just change Michhelmetlogo16.pdf to Michhelmetlogo16.crv3d

1 Like

Does this work?

Michhelmetlogo16.dxf (411.3 KB)

Thanks for doing this I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it works out.

It did work Thank you!

Not a problem. Good luck