Crossfire XR computer questions specs

I was curious about the specs of the computer used on the crossfire XR and is the monitor a all in one computer or does it have a separate computer inside the main electronic enclosure and a separate monitor.

It’s just a little mini PC

The monitor and the electronics enclosure are separate

1 Like

Is the computer powerful enough to run cad cam software or is it just for running firecontrol.

Maybe the most rudimentary CAD software.

It’s function is just to be the interface between the user and the crossfire.

Likely need a more powerful computer for design.

2 Likes

It a dual core mobile CPU and no dedicated GPU. I would not run CAD software unless you’re a masochist.

2 Likes

Not trying to hijack this thread. Had a buddy look up a laptop for use with fusion. This is what he came up with.

Processor: Intel Core i7-1165G7 2.80GHZ
Processor (11th Gen, upto 4.7 GHz, 12MB Cache,
4-Cores, 8-Threads, )
Storage: 1TB PCle SSD (Solid State Drive)
Memory: 64GB DDR4 SO-DIMM
Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Integrated Graphics,
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro-64
Connectivity: 802.11ac Wifi, Bluetooth 5.1,
Camera: 720p HD Webcam
Input/Output:, Silver Backlit Keyboard.
Display: 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) 60Hz 16:9
Touchscreen IPS Display
Ports/Slots:, 2 USB 3.2 Gen1, 1 HDMI, USB 3.2
Type-C Gen1, SDXC Reader, No Optical Drive,
Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
Battery: 45W Power Supply, 3-Cell 41 WHr Battery
Color: Natural Silver
Form/Style: Standard
Product Dimensions (WxLxH): 14 IN x 9.5 IN x 0.75
IN. Weight: 3.63lb
1 Year Manufacturer warranty

Does it look like it’ll work. I don’t know a whole lot about computer specs and terms. I told him I don’t want to have to buy another computer in 2 years.

Fusion 360 is really heavy on the CPU and RAM. The machine specs you losted has plenty of RAM, but lacking in the CPU department. Quad Core CPUs we’re great 5 years ago, but technology has advanced. 6 Core would be the bare minimum I’d go with. Ryzen CPUs tend to be more powerful and cheaper than Intel.

1 Like

And GPU (graphics). The integrated Intel GPU is okay but won’t win any speed awards. A gaming-specific machine if going with a laptop is where the good GPUs are going to be found. For a desktop box it’s easier to take a general purpose machine and add a high-end graphics card with a good GPU.

Do you fellas have any recommendations for laptops? I’m not to interested in going the desktop route.

1 Like

I have done some research with some help. Holy crap there are a lot of computers out there. Still don’t understand much of it. This is what I came up with.

MSI GE75 RAIDER-1036

16:49 4
1 5G
Description
Hard Drive: 1TB SSD Boot + 1TB HDD
Memory: 32GB DDR4 SDRAM
Optical Drive: No
Display: 17.3 in Full HD (1920 x 1080) 144 Hz 3 ms,
100%SRGB, 72% NTSC, IPS Display
Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Touchscreen: No
Processor: 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H Processor
(6-Core, 2.6 GHz Up to 4.5GHz, 12MB Cache)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce TX 2060 6GB GDDR6
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Ethernet: 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
WLAN Connectivity: 802_11_AC
Audio: HD Audio with Stereo Speakers
MCR (Card Reader): Micro SD Card Reader
Keyboard: GB Backlit Keyboard
Built-in HD Webcam: Yes
Ports: 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2

1 Like

Those are good specs for the computer. Just know that a desktop would be more powerful, but if a laptop is better for you then so be it

Thanks for the input. A laptop is better for me as of right now. Gotta get it ordered. Got my email yesterday to pay the remainder on my table

To get started before I bought a better desktop I just used a garbage Windows 8 laptop. I ended up putting 16 gigs of ram in and loaded Windows 10 onto and it served me fine for a few months. it was a little tedious using Fusion 360 sometimes but once you get your workflow ironed out and understand what you can and can’t do in the sketch environment it should be okay.

That old laptop is still running my langmuir and I can do some basic design on it in the shop. I try to have all my work and toolpaths done and figured out on my desktop before I ever step foot in the shop to cut.

I ran it hot and hard