Crossfire worked well for months, now will cut one letter good the next beside it not at all

Compressor has a nice dryer on it. Not getting a moisture in the lines. This is the only part I used that electrode on.

Are you sure those are the right consumables for your torch? If so then I would suggest getting a new better torch. Also there are a lot of those Chinese consumables that don’t work well on that torch. When was the last time you changed the retaining cup and swirl ring if ever?

You may also be over tightening the clamp on the retaining cup deforming it and causing it to jam up the electrode.

The Razorweld’s are known for bad air regulators. Your air pressure should be staying around 70 psi when cutting.

1 Like

Just got done cutting 1/4" with a RW45 and I cut at 45 amps .8 pierce @ .150 CH .60 48 IPM and I got my consumables form @mechanic416 and got great cuts!

Have you used those exact consumables in the past? Those in the picture look different then mine.
Were those new at the beginning of the cut?

Those consumables look like there toast to me. any chance something has changed in you air quality? Drier not working properly?

2 Likes

I don’t even carry consumables for the torch he has. Razorweld only used that torch for a month or two back in the COVID days when they couldn’t get anything else.

1 Like

I never thought the rw45 could cut 1/4 that fast.

When running mine I cut at 20 ipm. Had decent cuts without a lot of dross. I didn’t cut a lot with it never pushed it though.
How does the cut quality look cutting that fast?

I’ll split the difference. We cut 1/4" 32ipm, 45A, 1.0 Delay, .15 PH, .06 CH

But as we know, each setup is slightly different.

1 Like

I think it looks pretty good, I do get a slight bevel, maybe I should revisit and see if slowing it down helps.
Add another thing to, my to do list. :rofl:

Hooks arived today I will get my 100 out of yours and get them in the mail.
I will give you tracking # when they ship.

1 Like

Let me know a total including shipping. Hooks a gift for your trouble. Oh and method of payment you prefer.

I may be wrong but thats the wrong electrodes and it looks like you’re using the wrong cup as well. The cut45 electrodes have rings around them and the cup has a wide flat area that makes contact with 2 pins in the torch for the thc. If you’re using the wrong cup the the THC cant read the correct voltage and doesn’t know to raise or lower the cutter so if the cutter is to high its just going to melt a little and not cut.

The other person has a different torch on his Razorweld 45. Razorweld has used 6 different torch’s over the last few years on their plasma cutters.

2 Likes

In that case he just needs to replace consumables. I have had the same thing happen before. My table was cutting fine then just started miscutting. I tried everything to eliminate the issue but it was just a burned out electrode.