Crossfire pro with prime weld cut 60

hello everyone! im at the ends of my patience and im really is need of some help here because im very discouraged and about ready to throw in the towel on this idea of making cool stuff… i have the crossfire pro that i absolutely busted my butt for months in order to afford it and also sold my truck for and i have officially owned it for about 4 months now and it hasn’t made anything other then scrap… im not the type of person that openly asks for help but now is the time i need some serious help before i end up cutting my losses on it. i bought the primeweld cut 60 GEN 3 (its all i could afford) and the plasma cutter itsself is a absolute beast off the table. but im having a very difficult time putting it into action on the plasma table mainly because i have no clue what to do for tool paths… ive tried and tried and tired but no luck at getting anything right so far… does anyone happen to have a file of tool paths so i can actually make something other then scrap? metal is getting too exspensive for me to just mess up… ive been through at least 12 sheets of 18ga trying to do test runs on pre existing files for signs i would like for the garage but it all just looks like trash in the end. please help me!!!

Hey Trenton!! Glad to see you here on the forum!! Nobody here wants to see you give up… So, what do the cuts look like? Could you post some pictures? What software have you been using? Or, have you just been using only the “cut ready” files from FileShare?

I have to head off to work here shortly but plenty of folks here to help out…! We got you!!

1 Like

What settings are you using to cut? How is your air supply and how dry is your air? What air drying equipment do you have? What shape are your consumables in?

Any errors is it completing the cuts?

1 Like

I have the same setup as you, but my Cut60 is older 1st gen or maybe 2ng, not sure. It took me a bit to figure things out, but my cutting has gotten pretty good. Hang in there.

There is a lot more info you need to give us about your setup: nature of problem(“system”, software, CAM settings,…); examples of cuts; compressor size; air drying; cutter and CAM settings and consumables(40 or 60 amp?) on the 18 gauge; work piece clamping strategy; .

For 18 gauge w/Cut 60 I use: 0.55in (1.4mm) cut height; 40 amp tip, cutter set at 30 amps; 0.9 kerf width; 65psi; 130ipm (3200mm); 0.6 pierce delay. Are you close to these?

Maybe start with bad cut examples and the settings and the .DXF file you used, Also, some pics of the setup from 10 feet away would also be good.

2 Likes

I asked for the pics “from 10 feet away” because I think some of my issue were due to the way I had my table setup. By that I mean I was more prone to electrical interference between the cutter, cables, controller, and computer. If we can see your layout, maybe someone will see some ways to reduce potential for electrical noise that might be affecting your system.

1 Like

@tagman97

What state and city do you live? maybe someone experienced could help you out. Its tough getting setup.

What software are you using for CAM? I use Sheetcam, I have the original Crossfire with a PW Cut60. I can certainly send you speeds and amps for different gauges, but I also use specific tool path rules for holes, perimeters etc that help to give better cuts than just one speed to bang out a gauge.

1 Like

mainly have been only using cut ready files because im having a very difficult time with the programs

air supply is good, i have a 120 gallon scroll compressor i use for my shop. from there it goes into a IR dryer system, i also have a oil water separator mounted directly on the table

give me a call and ill give you a insite on whats going on and send your pictures, i hate uploading pictures to my laptop lol 6233372220

that would be a huge help if you could! im not intelligent enough to set all my tool paths on my own haha if you want to text me your more then welcome to 6233372220

im in litchfield park AZ

I’m in Scottsdale and shop is in Phoenix if I can help.
I’ll try to give you a call this evening.

2 Likes

okay sounds good! thank you very much!