CrossFire Pro torch not firing new setup - SOLVED

Hello

I have a new setup
CrossFire Pro w/THC
Razorwel 45xp
Firecontrol
Sheetcam TNG 6.0.30

I am not able to get the torch to fire, checked all connections and looks great.

What I can do, load file, turn THC off, do a test run and it completes fine with no errors

I then turn on THC, start, torch lowers, kisses the table and backs off to correct height and continues to run the file as if was a dry run but torch touching off between cuts.

I tried the manual option in firecontrol and still does not fire.

I can lower torch to about 1/16" and manually pull torch trigger, and it fires fine

Not sure if its software or HW fault in the THC

thx
les (AKA rookie)

With the plasma cutter off do you hear the relay clicking audibly when the torch is supposed to fire? If no, its possible your replaceable relay PCB (smaller red board with one large component) jiggled loose in the shipping process. Make sure its seated properly,

I took the cover off the controller, started the program, torch moved to start location, goes down and kisses the material, little tick noise, lifts up, as its starts down I hear the relay click once, goes to fire height, nothing, then as is makes the next move, I the the below

I then closed the message, hit start and went through same motions as above

I checked the seating of the relay board and it was good and solid

les

If the relay is clicking on this is likely due to the torch firing wiring of the plasma cutter.

With the plasma cutter on and the torch mounted in the machine, if you short across the torch on/off cable barrel connector (the end that would otherwise be plugged into the electronics enclosure) does the torch fire?

1 Like

I ohm’ed out the cable first before trying what you mentioned and cable checks out fine. I then shorted across the end of cable going into plasma cutter and torch does not fire. I did not have the computer connected and program loaded and started, I didn’t think that would matter

les

Solved the issue, I feel kind of stupid, cable to razorweld plasma cutter and voltage was reversed, I checked and checked and thought it was right, not sure why, no excuses, off to cutting now, works great, turnkey out of the box

2 Likes

@lrehklau All good Les thanks for following up and good luck!

Actually, Razorweld’s diagram they provide is backwards. I wasted an hour of troubleshooting thanks to that. The LEFT side is on/off and the RIGHT side is voltage divider. How hard is that? LOL!

@langmuir-mike You guys should let Razorweld know about this issue.

1 Like

I feel better now :slight_smile:

1 Like

@langmuir-mike @langmuir-aksel @langmuirsystems I keep seeing post after post after post of people putting their machine together and the torch does not fire. you guys need to contact Razorweld and have them correct these bad instructions.

1 Like

they did…

9/10/2020: WARNING

We have received reports that the Torch and Voltage Divider ports have been switched in a small number of Razorweld Plasma cutters. If you are experiencing issues with your Torch not firing and your THC voltages not functioning as expected, test to see if the torch turns on and off (via Manual Torch Fire in FireControl) while plugged into the left port. Then test the right port for THC Voltage accuracy with FireControl. If you have any questions, please reach out to Langmuir Systems Support.

3 Likes

How did you solved it ? I’m having the exact same problem I’ve been struggling for days I’m about to blow my fuse on this thing .haha

I also can’t fire my THC from the crossfire only manually (when I press on the plasma head).
And my LiVE voltage won’t come up idk what’s going on.

1 Like

ScorpionCustoms Reverse the connections (volts /torch on/off) on the plasma cutter (they have the same pins). I got bit by this last weekend when i went to fire my table for the 1st time (received in April). I must say, putting 2 of the exact same connectors next to each other without a label is some engineering brilliance.

Joe

2 Likes

Got justed found that issue lol but now I’m trying to cut 3/16 steel
But my cuts are angled… I think my tip is worn out I see a slight angle on the top.

Also idk if this right I was running
1sec pierce delay
30 inch per min
And at 30 amp wasn’t cutting so good so I had to boost the amp to like 40

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried swapping cords and that didn’t help. I can run a file and burn it out if I turn the thc off in fire control but I can’t when it’s on. Tried the recommendations from the troubleshooting doc as well and still no luck. Any ideas? I have the pro table with the razor weld cut45.
@langmuirsystems

So frustrating I can not get my cut 45 to fire at all Just like everyone else it starts when i pull trigger but not through fire control I’ve switched wire from the divider to on/off plug still nothing i have definitely lost a lot of excitement i had.

Just figure it out didnt have cored plugged into on /off plug to the electrical box.

1 Like