Crossfire pro Torch height control, upgrade options?

Will we be able to purchase the THC kit for the original crossfires?

2 Likes

I’m game for this purchase too. The price for the pro table is ridiculously cheap, but I can’t justify the space loss right now, but a powered Z and THC that bolts onto my current table is 100% viable for me!!

1 Like

I would definitely be interested in an easy bolt on upgrade as well.

1 Like

I’d love an upgrade but I’m also going to be sitting ready to hit the buy button on the 23rd :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll find the space and maybe a buyer for my current machine. The XL is great but a fully supported 4ft sheet and THC would be great.

1 Like

it states initial torch height control? is that just the first lift off and it doesn’t maintain the height through out the rest of the cut? is that was its says (THC compatible) do you have to buy a controller for constant height control after that?

thanks

I have the XL.

and want a 4x4 so a 4x3 is close to my spec and im looking hard at the WRIGHT CNC 4X4 with THC

1 Like

there you have it… The small machines will be upgradeable. so $750 for the Z kit, $400 for the THC they sell, plus shipping… Over $1000 for a bolt on. I figured that would be about the cost, after making my own for $500… I’m curious what route they went with THC. Step/Dir or Up/Down which would be controllable through Mach3

1 Like

I do wanna see the inside of that pro electronics box though!

James, I might be in the same boat. Now I know where they for the parts for the expansion kit. Hopefully having it wider makes it easier to sell.

At $1150 for the upgrade, it’s a no-brainer to go for the whole Pro & sell (or donate) the XL.

Although, thinking as well it might not be a bad idea to have a backup in case I have a problem. Langmuir is super fast in reacting to support needs and getting replacement parts out but they’re in TX and I’m in CT so we’re at the mercy of UPS driving across the country. Keeping one “warm” would take some pressure off in the event of an issue.

1 Like

Thought Langmuir systems was in CA.

Researched the 4x4 from WRIGHT CNC
With everything you get from LANGMUIRS table it would run you 4000.00 plus shipping for the Wright table.
Your 12” less on the Langmuir Pro table but much better deal for only 12” less capacity.

That 12” more inches does add many more total square inches of cutting area but at the price of 1700 - 1800 more dollars.
Hmm…

1 Like

I recently bought a wright cnc 4x4 table and I didn’t opt for the water pan because i can bend up my own for the $500 price. The table with THC was $3399.98 + $250 for crating, I got free shipping but thats normally $750. The table had a decent waiting time for it I ordered the table on July 1st and I should be receiving it today or tomorrow. 1 big difference between the crossfire pro and the wright 4x4 is the weight, the pro shipping weight is 230 lbs and my wright minus water table is 600 lbs.

600 lbs is almost 3times the weight.

Crossfire Pro is more mobile and seems to suit my needs better
And still 1000.00 cheaper but includes a stainless table :+1:

Probably. I thought I got something from them from TX last year. UPS doesn’t care, it takes a week. Sometimes it’s the longest week if the year :grin: (I was never good waiting for Christmas either)

2 Likes

Now that the pricing is out, looks like I am still better off building my own THC. I do not see the need to have to replace the entire control box from what others have done.

I also have most of the crossfire machine modeled in fusion 360. I just need to work on the X carraige, lead screws, and stepper mounts. Once I have that finished, I will start designing my own Z axis assembly.

1 Like

@Mike_C why design one, you can buy them cheap on ebay… they work fine, and you have it in 3 days… Only modifications I did on the Z axis I purchased where four counterbored holes to mount it to the x axis carriage… Done…

2 Likes

I want to keep it as light weight, and slim as possible. And I have all of the tools I need to make one at home. A CNC mill, 3d printer which I built, a 60w Co2 laser, and the crossfire. Also this is just a hobby for me, I am not using my crossfire to make money.

1 Like

Which one did you buy?