Crossfire pro on flash drive

Can i run the pro off a flash drive or must it be connected to the pc if not then i guess i will have to get a laptop

You will need a windows computer to control the pro. A flash drive does not have a processor in it to send the commands to the computer in the control box and the control box is not set up to read the flash drive. Sorry.

Thanks, I kinda figured that just wanted to make sure.

Another question when i post the G-Code to my file why am i getting the internet (e) next to it instead of the folder sign if that makes sense.

Because your Windows is setup to think files with that extension (tap or nc) is a type of HTML and is opened by your browser.

You can fix that by changing the file association.

How do you do this?

Open up File Explorer. Find a tap file and right-click it and select Open With. A popup of applications will show up. You can pick the one you want. If it’s not there, pick Choose Another App. This will give you a long list of apps. Click on the one you want, go down & check the box that says “Always use this app…” and then click okay.

I’d make it Notepad so you can easily edit them. I wouldn’t pick FireControl since I’m not sure Langmuir enabled pre-loading of files that way and because if you want to just edit a G-Code file later you’re going to need to do a right-click open-with Notepad to do that.

The other way to do it in Windows 10 is to go to Settings, pick Apps, then Default Apps, then over in the right side panel “Choose default by filetype”, find the tap entry on the left and Notepad on the right.

File Manager is easier for most people :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

tried the above if in Fire Control in the post config it still has the internet explorer label if i change the config. to say Torchmate 3.0 and post it opens with the notepad file which is what i think it should do in Fire Control also or maybe i’m wrong

I think there’s a separate setting for that in FireControl (I know there is in Fusion and Mach3 so I suspect it’s true as well for Fusion). I’m away from my table this week so I can’t check to see. Someone who can fire it up can check and come up with the instructions on how to change it.

Ok Thank you

I think you might be able to get by with a mini computer, just make sure that its 64bit (I believe that is the requirement for FireControl if you have a Pro) That is what I would like to do because then I can get a touch screen monito and a fanless mini computer and no worry about all the dust and junk from a shop getting into my huge tower.

Well i did buy a new touchscreen laptop everything is installed and up and running but i still can’t figure out my problem with the post processor file having the internet explorer image next to the file instead of a file image and it won’t open in notebook i think i’m not putting the correct address in the output folder or something like that. I think it should be a tap file not a nc file which is what i’m getting.

tap … NC same just spelled different. My Regular crossfire 2x2 table with mach post processes TAP files my Pro with fire control is NC files. . there is a drop down to change it i beleive. And also I send them all to the desktop untill im ready to cut them. ( If not i dont remember what i was going to cut )

1 Like

Guess what I need is a step by step on how to create and setup a folder or file to save the sketches to for cutting or what ever is needed.

Anybody,any ideas?