Crossfire Pro, Friecontrol THC Control Settings

Just assembled my crosfire pro and looking sharp, manual jogging around works fine. Created a simple drawing and imported to sheetcam, ran post processor, selected to load in firecontrol and get the following message, “No Program speed”, opened up THC control in firecontrol and it says “program speed N/A”

Is this a setting in firecontrol to set or is it something in sheetcam I am missing to set?

thx
les (aka rookie)

At the end of the gcode you should see something like this PS(100). This is the IPM ( Inches per Minute);you set in sheetcam. You may have the wrong post processor in sheetcam.

Probably this.

You need to tell Sheetcam things like speed, pierce delay, pierce and cut heights, etc. Same screen you tell it the offset and lead-in or lead-out settings.

Did you use the Langmuir post processor? That’s set in the Options menu item.

Using fire control v1.5, Set up in operation-plasma, then defined rules in jet-tool, I have attached screen shots of settings, thx, les

Machine-Post-Processor-screen-shot

Jet-Tool%20used

I have attached a shot of the post processor setting, Is there a good free gcode editor. I used to use fusion 360, but let it go, to costly when not used alot, and a tough program to learn

thx, les

Machine-Post-Processor-screen-shot

Those look okay although the plunge rate may be too low - I think I saw something here that it needed to be more than 20 or 30ipm maybe? I use 60ipm so didn’t really pay attention to what the minimum was since I was over it.

What does this look like when you select the contour and actually generate a toolpath? That’s the screen you tell it what kind of offset, lead-in, etc you need & should be pulling the THS info from the tool (although you can override those).

You can look at the resulting g-code in any text editor or use something like ncviewer.com to look at it as well.

Hi James

Well this is going to be real strange, I had some blue lines in the dfx when importing to sheetcam, searched it and found that I was importing a drawing in “inches” as metric. once I changed to inch’s on importing, no blue line, posted processor, set sheetcam to view code editor, sheetcam has a window at bottom that shows the gcode, nice, went to the bottom and now I see M5
G0 Z1.0
M5 M30
(PS30) ----- important Program speed.

Interesting the miss-match on importing from metric to inches resolved

Thanks for the guidance, got the wheels turning, off to garage to play

les

1 Like

Great news!

Just for those who follow, I had the same issue, and I fixed it by uninstalling sheetcam and reinstalling it from scratch.

I’d screwed up some setting, and couldn’t’ find it, so this was my best guess. It worked.

If you have a weird error, try simulating it in sheet cam, when i did that sheet cam gave me a somewhat better error, and then i could start hunting it down faster.

1 Like