Crossfire cuts along tool path

Hello, I am stumped!

3 different designs were ruined today. It keeps cutting along the blue toolpath line in Firecontrol.

I am using a PWcut60, CNC port. Machine is in 2t, i checked.

2x2 with all add ons, limit switches disabled.

Using a Asus gaming laptop, so laptop is powerful enough. This just happened today. I did update firecontrol last week, is that the issue?

you can run firecontrol on a MiniPC…what software are you using for CAM…fusion or sheetcam?

1 Like

I use sheetcam

Someone with more experience will pipe in soon, but I do know sheetcam is going to cut on the line on open lines. They are shown by white lines. I use Fusion, but I ran into that with sheetcam early on. Most likely small gaps in the file.

1 Like

I don’t have an answer for your problem, but let’s correct the terminology to help others understand your problem.

The machine is supposed to cut on the toolpaths. Do you mean that it’s cutting on the rapids between cut loops?

I am new to this, but make sure that in SheetCAM that your Contour Method is set properly on the Jet Cutting → Basic Tab.

Outside cuts the outside of the line. Think OD.
Inside cuts inside the line. Think ID.
No Offset is a trace. Good for single line letters.

Good Luck

Also check that your tool is properly setup.

Make sure your kerf is accurate for the tool / amps / speed and that you are doing a reverse cut.

It is cutting on the blue lines

Ir is cutting on blue lines

It is cutting on blue lines

I would check that 2t/4t switch again. Make sure the switch is in the middle position. That is really the only reason it would be cutting on the rapids.

3 Likes

I am in 2T. I flipped it to 4T, then back to 2T to make sure switch wasnt halfway between them.

post your g code.

try it in t4? switch is backward??

have you cut anything on this machine before?

something contacting in the cpc port??

I have cut about 20 or so pieces so far.

No issues until yesterday. I checked pigtail, wires still soldered on.

Using same settings for 16G as few days ago.

Do you have a hand torch? If so, pull the trigger and let it go. It should fire when the trigger is pulled and shut off when you release it. If that doesn’t happen, your 2t/4t switch is not working correctly. You can also do this with the manual torch fire in Firecontrol.

Firecontrol only executes the commands in the code, so if the code doesn’t say to turn the torch on for the rapids, its not a computer issue.

Open the cut file with Notepad and copy and paste a couple of cut loops from the code.

1 Like

:+1:t2: that is where my thinking is going too

1 Like

I will try that! I still have the hand torch

1 Like