Crossfire 45 doesn't cut, please help! Video & Pic Included!

Hi support, appreciate you guys for looking and taking your time to help.

I have an issue performing majority of cut on plasma cut, the material I’m using is mild steel 22GA and 0.8mm in thickness.

I’m using standard equipment as shown in this link:
X45 Torch (Hand & Machine) Consumables – Langmuir Systems

Whenever I start the job it cuts and it doesn’t cut, performs very random and been trying to ge to the bottom of this problem.

Video: Problem with Plasma cut - YouTube
The pressure compressor is at working state and this is what I have at as shown in this image.

![3|375x500]

Edit, upon further rumination I’m betting you have too long a pierce delay and too slow of a travel speed for 22 gauge. Probably barely even need a pierce delay with material that thin , plus a fast travel speed. What amperage are you cutting at?

My guess is not enough air or something isn’t installed right, maybe the gauge is off? The little whistle doesn’t sound right though, maybe the torch cable is kinked.
Only other thing I’d think is the pierce delay is too long and it’s blowing out the entry point and losing the arc. What’s weird is that the THC isn’t stopping the cut, or do you not have THC?

1 Like

I’d have to agree with everything Brownfox mentions above regarding cut speed and pierce delay… Also looks like the torch is also quite a distance from the material and gets larger as the cut continues.(Probably why he asks about THC)… Not sure what the Razor Cut calls for for standoff but, take a peek at that too!!

Yeah now that you point it out, definitely no THC or disabled.

Definitely way to slow for 22g probably almost max out that machine speed cutting that. Its also going to be tough without thc if you’re cutting anything bigger out.

I will agree that it is pierce delay bc you can see the torch go out before it even moves to cut the circle. What are the amps @Hennadii is using? ? for 22ga ; 33amps at 95 ipm or faster and 75 ipm lead in? .5 pierce delay?

1 Like

0.06" or 1/16".

also where is the ground clamp? I put the ground clamp onto the sheet of metal and it helped the cutting alot better.

1 Like

I don’t have an automatic height adjuster HTC. And please tell me with what parameters i need to cut thins metal 0.8 mm and Probably barely even what delay should be set and where should it be set?

I have speed cut metal "Feed Rate - 100 "
THC min speed 60%

I tried different options, but the result is always as in the video

I would double that feed rate maybe triple it and no delay. 22g is like cutting tin foil basically.
What amps are you cutting at?

Where is your ground?

Torch does not need a ground to pilot arc!

BUT…it needs a ground to cut/maintain arc.

Also try .2 delay, 25 amps and 175 ipm. Try on small pc say a 2x2 inch sq

1 Like

I tried different speeds from 100 to 250
I also put a different load

Please tell me where to set the delay in program march3 ?
My ground on steel

You set delay in the post processing not in mach

If not in March3, then where?

Are you using fusion? Or sheetcam?

I using Fusion 360

When you go to save your cut path in the post process pop up window you change your delay.