Creating g code

Search files on your computer.

Search “*.nc”

All files that have the extension .nc will show up with their locations.

When you load a file in fire control navigate to one of these locations and select the file.

Or in fusion 360 you could choose a different output folder.

This is falling into the realm of standard Windows file system navigation.
There will be many many videos on how to use the file management system in Windows.

1 Like

I can find in my files but when try to find it in fire control its no where to be found

Screenshot exactly what pops up when you click the upload button in fire control.

Wait a minute I think I got it! I will let you know

1 Like

awesome! got it figured out but now I can’t get the torch to fire, solenoid clicks, air starts to flow but no arc

It’s all good, turned up the air pressure and voltage, thanks for all your help

1 Like

Under the Post heading, the field is blank. I don’t see any option for Firecontrol (as shown). How is this done?

In listed options, I see nothing for Langmuir or FireControl.

Is that something created in Machine Configuration?

?

you have to use Fusion360 or Sheetcam with the post processor for Firecontrol in order to do anything…

I’m not a Fusion user, but I’ll try to help. You have to click on the file folder next to the post field. Then select “local” and find the folder where you downloaded the Firecontrol v1.6 post processor from the Langmuir downloads page. Perhaps @TinWhisperer could be of more help with the exact process.

1 Like

You’ll have to go to the langmuir homepage and download the post processor for fire control 1.6
Like @ds690

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/downloads

Here’s a video I made about installing that post processor.

See if that’s helps you out.

1 Like

Thank you sir. Found it in the 13th hour. I’ve probably watched 50 hours of Fusion et al videos and not one covered this part. Maddening. Got the G code into FireControl then had this pop up.
<PastedGraphic-2.png>

After another hour +, found the toggles buried in a sub menu, somewhere. I’m loosing my mind.
Thought I could punch out a few parts after finishing designing. Four hours later, my brain is mush. Time for therapy…

Thanks again Tin man. Keeping the fire stoked…

1 Like

…and thanks to everybody else for responding. I rank this whole process right up there with doing my taxes and dealing with city hall on building permits…

I should have taken one of my college teachers advice a little closer to heart:

“If you want to make money, own the business. But, remember you can marry more money in 5 minutes than you can make in your entire life…”

2 Likes

Does your table have a powered Z axis? This error is usually caused when you try to run a program with Z-axis commands on a table with no powered Z axis.

Watched the vid to make sure I followed procedure properly. It all looks good. Part of the frustration is, in the download page, it says to toggle the IHS and THC to ‘no.” I’m like. Where the feck are the toggles? What program (this a Fusion Machine option, FireControl…) and what’s the path?
Come to find out, it’s in the Machine library, several folders deep and it’s not a toggle, it’s a checkbox. Seems like the process could be better mapped out from the Langmuir folks. I understand they make the hardware and don’t support Autodesk. Guess I simply see opportunities to make this learning curve flatter. What I am grateful for is the support on this forum (which is probably why it exists). This will all start synchronizing soon (it already started). Just like my dives into PhotoShop and Excel, the power in those programs can be mind boggling.
Thanks again guys. Appreciate the help!

Reading through these topics on the langmuir forum is why I decided to buy a langmuir and join the forum.

Where they show no on here too it’s listed under the crossfire without THC and IHS

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion

Starting at A13 they do get into talking about the IHS and THC. But they do refer to it as a toggle not a checkbox.

There’s definitely a lot of complexity when it comes to getting one of these up and running it’s kind of the trade-off for the low cost.

Seems like you’re well on your way though hopefully you’ll be able to post some stuff you’ve cut soon.

Also nice bike, I have a Suzuki DR350 and enjoy it very much.

2 Likes

No. That was my conclusion. The downloads have the same name and file size. Redownloaded to eliminate the possibility a loose screw on keyboard didn’t fetch right file (z-axis file). Regardless, I did not have the checkboxes unchecked.
Unfortunately, my ‘shop’ is not at my house so will have to wait and see, and pray, and drink…more…that I am one step closer to the ultimate prize.
$4,000.00, countless hours and $200 in 14 gauge sheet will produce my $12 bracket. But, I made that mf’r with my own hands!!! Hahahaha…

1 Like

DAmn this is funny…gonna add this to my quotes…

Well gentlemen, we have liftoff! After another week of heavy lifting with my brain, took me and the brain cells I didn’t kill off on Saturday night to task. Went thru my work pieces to make sure all the setups, profiles, g codes and dog danglies were in order.
Indexed the sheetgoods. Set my heights and zero. Dry run went fine. Hit start and nothin…as in, no torch firing. Several error codes came up and I was ready to come unglued. Took a deep breath ( remembered I had beer in the fridge) and gave the forum one more search. Somebody else had the same issue. Switched the cutter leads at the 50:1 and off she went!
Thanks all for answering questions. TinWhisp, I owe you a beer or 3 for those videos.

3 Likes