Create a pause or rest in fusion360 for duty cycle

I’m cutting a rather large and complex part from 1/4" plate. Before the part is finished it will surpass the duty cycle of my razorcut 45. I can and have continued the part after the plasma cutter resets, but I am wondering if there is a way in Fusion360 to create a rest or pause in the cut path so if I know a part will exceed the cutters duty cycle I can pause in between some of the cuts so that it can rest and continue on its own. Anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks in advance.

search for PAUSE in the this forum. someone created an app where you can insert your tap file and add pauses after each cut and/or after a certain amount of cuts.

1 Like

You can do this 2 ways.

1). STOP is M00. It will stop the program. Use cycle start to resume when you’re ready. I haven’t used this in Fire control, but it’s a universal command… So post result if you go this way.

2). Dwell is the cnc term for a pause with precision time. If you know your plasma unit needs a 2 min rest, then just insert this:

G04 P120

The P sets the time unit to seconds. (U is for milliseconds)

You don’t have to do anything… Machine will dwell for 120 sec, then resume program.

I would use the second method… Hands free, you can program for perfect match to cut and duty cycle.

1 Like