Consumables for Crossfire Pro

What kind of consumables are there and what are replacement costs like? Tips, etc.

First…welcome to the forum…you will get a lot of help and information here…

I think you have some confusion on what consumables are…
the Tables OG, Pro and XR do not have consumables…
You have to do maintenance on them but that is 99% cleaning and 1% lubrication.
I have heard of some people who buy spare motors and spare drive screws…but never use them.
I know of some people here who have had tables for a few years without changing a thing.

What you may be referring to is…

The Plasma machine torches that you get have consumables on them…and then it depends on many factors…
What type plasma cutter are you getting…some machines have costly electrode and tips…but they tend to last longer…more pierces and longer run time.

Then there are other plasma cutters that have less expensive electrodes and tips…but then they might not last as long…

Add into the factor your air supply…
Your air supply greatly affects the durability of your electrodes and tips. Moisture and dirt particles are the downfall of the consumables.

Let’s not forget what you plan to cut…metal thickness has an impact as thicker metals tend to heat up the tips more…but then again…thin metals need more “fine” points…but they burn out due also…

Consumables are the low cost really…your bigger concern is making sure you have a good plasma cutter to your needs…and Dry…dry…dry clean air…

Also what makes consumables last longer it fine tuning your cuts by adjusting your amps, speed, pierce delay, plunge rate, and air pressure…all those are key to nice clean cuts that do not put indue stress on the consumables.

I spend around $300 a year on consumables…but that is me…I am not making a living off my table…I do it as a hobby and income top off …

How much time are you expecting to spend on the table…

3 Likes

I know what plasma consumables are, but I recommend Having some spare table and spare plasma torch parts on hand. I have a had several components go bad and usually just before a deadline. I would rather have a couple hundred in extra parts laying around rather than loose out on another couple thousand dollar job.

1 Like