Consumables burning up fast

Is the torch touching the material before the ihs switch trips?

Yes. Every time.

Looks like electrode is arcing a lit in the nozzle.

You are running a machine torch right?? Do you have a hand torch?

You may try dropping the torch down some in the holder. If it is touching off it shouldnā€™t matter but itā€™s worth a try.

1 Like

I have tried so many different positions for this torch. Iā€™ve only used the hand torch 3 times and honestly havenā€™t had a single issue. I just donā€™t need 40amp for my signs

I most of the time ran my rw45 with a hand torch around 30 amps cutting 14 ga.

To be honest the rw is a decent starter machine. I never had any issues. Itā€™s definitely isnā€™t a hypertherm. It puzzles me to see people have issues with it.

Have you maybe tried to measure amps to see if maybe something has gone wrong inside the machine?

1 Like

It probably isnā€™t the RW but once my hypertherm arrives next week we will know. Iā€™ll cut some more stuff with the hand torch hooked up and see how it does.
Iā€™ll measure amps again tomorrow

1 Like

Itā€™s got to be the torch. I put the hand torch back on that it came with and I had great results

4 Likes

There you goā€¦ I knew you would get it ironed out. Happy Burning pal.

Hopefully you have it figured out. Maybe it is torch itself. I am sure George may be able to tell you what it could be I would give him a call.

I donā€™t think you will regret the upgrade either.

On another note you have done some nice work. I enjoyed looking at the picture.

Itā€™s stuff like this that is disheartening. Obviously looking at your work this isnā€™t your first rodeo.

3 Likes

Glad you got it figured out!

ā€¦Now can we go back to talking about your air system? JK :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Well it maybe air related, like a squished or crack air line inside the torch.

@BradFab can we look forward to an autopsy of the torch?

4 Likes

I second that if you can find out why. Never know who it may help.

2 Likes

lol yes back to the air! Today will be the ultimate test since Iā€™m cutting out several items today. Seriously though this forum is amazing. I appreciate every one of yalls input. I would love to send this thing to george for an autopsyā€¦

5 Likes

Would definitely be good info for the group to know what the issue with the torch is. Veey well could help numerous people in time. Glad you got it figured out as isuses like that can be so nerve wracking.

Picturesā€¦of the resultsā€¦pictures of peoples set-upsā€¦pictures of the air delivery systems

All this along with settings and program information help eliminate each small problemā€¦each small problem may not seem like muchā€¦but when you add a bunch of small things upā€¦it helps eliminate othersā€¦and ends up determining what is going wrongā€¦

3 Likes