Computer Recommendations

New Crossfire User.Looking for some recommendations on laptop to use or what a lot of people are using.

Looking to get setup and working on some designs while I’m waiting for my table to arrive.

The fire control software doesn’t seem to need much of a PC I’m a new user also and used a 8yr old dell i5 chip laptop for that. Fusion 360 needs some horsepower and a good video card, the gaming laptops seem to have the right hardware. I have a fairly new surface laptop 4 that lags and really struggles to run fusion even with the light drawings. I just ordered a MSI gaming laptop last night actually so I’m hoping that does the trick for fusion 360. Here’s the specs of the new rig.

Processor: Intel Core i7 12th Gen.
Screen Size: 17.3 in
Graphics Processing Type: Dedicated Graphics
RAM Size: 16 GB
SSD Capacity: 512 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Ti 4GM RAM
Processor Speed: 1.7 Very Fast 14-core
Release Year: 2022
Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Model: MSI Pulse GL76 12UDK
Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI, USB-C
Operating System: Windows 11 Home
Features: Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth, Built-in Microphone, Built-in Webcam, Wi-Fi

1 Like

Most people use a dedicated, budget laptop to run Firecontrol as it’s system requirements aren’t super taxing; then use a more substantial system, usually a desktop, for design. You really want to keep the expensive, sensitive equipment away from your plasma table with all the water, fine metal particles and EMI emissions. Don’t ask me how I know… :flushed:

I think that computer is an excellent choice.
I use the beelink mini computer that has worked flawlessly for years now.
It will work great for your design work on Fusion or whatever you use.
Sorry there are a lot of Fusion haters and I feel like I need to make sure not to offend
them. (So I’ll say whatever your using)

Some popular laptops among Crossfire users include the Dell XPS 15, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, HP Spectre x360, and Asus ROG Zephyrus. These laptops all have the processing power, storage, graphics, and display capabilities needed to run design software and the Crossfire software smoothly.

Ultimately, the best laptop for you will depend on your specific needs and budget. Consider what features are most important to you and do some research to find the laptop that will work best for your needs. This might help you in finding the laptop as per your requirement: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/d/nvidia-laptops/?orgRef=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252F

https://sturdybusiness.com/business-laptops-under-500/

Just to support the accuracy of your list, letting readers know I just got a used Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 yesterday. Labor to put a new exhaust system on a car as a trade. It’s about 3 yrs old and PO bought it for gaming. He already upgraded because he felt the fan ran too much during intense gaming and was he was afraid he’d smoke the motherboard.

Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
nvidia graphics card
1TB storage
Win 11 with HDR

Anyway, as far as running F360, it’s doing really well. I will be trying FCtrl later today, but, fingers crossed, I am hoping this solves my display freezing issues on my old Dell. The old Dell met mininnums for both F360 and FCtrl, but neither program worked very well.

Edit: BTW, this post is me being excited. Been told before I don’t share my emotions very well…guess who might have told me this… :grin:

2 Likes