Computer Acting Up and Crashing

We’ve had a Crossfire XR table for a couple years and in the last couple months the computer has been having issues while running FireControl. The program works totally fine while doing dry runs, but when actually cutting the computer will start opening random programs like the calculator or mail apps. Sometimes it will be fine and those apps won’t effect FireControl, but more often then not the computer will shutoff within 2 minutes into cutting the part. Using Sheetcam as the postprocessor and running the latest FireControl version on Windows 10. Using the touch screen computer that came with the machine. Any ideas on fixes without having to replace the computer would very helpful!

@greatisbiking
Welcome to The Forum

Do NOT run any other software on it like stated in the directions.

No applications other than FireControl should be installed or run concurrently.

So your problem is running other software on that computer. The solution would be uninstall all the extra software you put on that computer and get it back to the nominal state it was shipped in. And purchase another computer to do your emails and cad and cam work on.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s not choosing to open additional programs / Windows applications.

@greatisbiking Are you using an additional mouse, or only the touch screen?

I do use sheetcam on the same computer to do the nesting and post processing before using FireControl. I have been keeping Sheetcam open while using FireControl so I will try having that closed.

And I do have a keyboard plugged in but no additional mouse. It can’t be the touchscreen activating the programs because there’s nowhere on the screen it could be opening them from. I will try to run it with the keyboard unplugged though and see if that could be effecting it.

Hit control-alt-delete and go in your task manager before you run a program on fire control, I think you’ll be surprised what kind of phantom elements are now running in the background.

Sounds like a system resource issue.

1 Like

first thing i would do is disconnect the wireless pendant and dongle. plug in a regular usb keyboard. see if the problem goes away. with programs launching unexpectedly, I’d be suspicious of some commands being sent from that wireless kb in error.