Changing cut orientation

Hi guys. I’m just wondering if there’s a way to rotate the orientation of a part once you have it in Mach3. There’s times when I’m trying to maximize the material and because I’m cutting almost at capacity the part needs to be cut in a different orientation than the original cut file. Is this possible, or do I need to go back to fusion and rotate it?

You can rotate the file in Mach
Go to the MDI screen then on left under the DRO’s you will find the rotate box
Add a - to the number of degrees to rotate anti-clockwise Then you need to go back to the main page of mach 3 and recalculate toolpaths. For some reason, the MDI page won’t show the rotation, only on the program run page

Let me know if this works for you.

2 Likes

Yep that worked… thanks man

1 Like

Glad it worked for you.

wish I had seen this yesterday…had same need to rotate and I couldn’t figure it out, so I ended up rebuilding it in Fusion360.
Will be saving this info for the next time.
Thanks!

1 Like

Glad that it helped you, I miss this forum, haven’t been on here much lately due to the corona scare in this country. I am considered essential worker so we haven’t had any time off and we also had one quit on us so I was working 6 and 7 days a week for the last couple of months.

Hopefully things will start getting back to normal and I will start adding the z axis to my table that I’ve had since early January.

Sorry, wrong thread for this, Glad it offered another tool for your toolbox.

No worries, I’m essential too. Although not much has changed for me… Always work remotely, only now they’re paying me extra each day I have to go out into the world. lol

1 Like