Cannot get arc to fire

I guess what I am trying to ask is we have pin 1 and 2 start stop to the torch on/off on the Langmuir do we need to bring the positive and negative from the plasma pin 5 and 7 to the 2 wired leading into the torch on/off on the Langmuir box also

i don’t even think you’re at that point yet. take a break and grab a drink.

first thing you have to do is make sure the relay is working in the control box so that it’ll fire the torch… if it’s not working then anything else you’re doing is futile. once you can here the click from the relay when you manually fire the torch WITHIN firecontrol, then were can talk about the wiring.

Awesome did it and it’s clicking. Half done the drink now where do we go for the wiring?

ok now, what does the manual say which pins on the CPC port are to fire the torch? i believe on most its pins 1&2. if that’s the case, grab the torch fire cable (usually the longer of the 2) strip the ends and solder then into the pins. Pain in the ass but it’s doable… also add some heat shrink to them to avoid touching.

once you do that, plug the other end into the torch fire port on the control box, turn on the cutter, lay some scrap on the table and manually fire it again in firecontrol.

kinda like this:

ok…here are some picture I just took of my 62i

machine torch mount to prevent damage to torch or table

clamp for workpiece is clamped there while table is empty…clamps to workpiece when in use.

pin connection for on /off of torch

placement of Langmuir’s control box for divided voltage

where I put the wires through the case

Red wire connection point for actual live voltage…not divided voltage…more accurate

black wire connection point also for actual voltage and more accurate

hope this helps with some confusion

1 Like

We don’t have a THC control and we have exhausted ourselves tonight and will try again on Sunday. Hopefully, you all can help us then.

We Than Thank everyone for their help today.

Hello toolboy and thank you for the pictures, we do not have a THC so i am guessing that we do not need power from the 62i? am i correct we only need the trigger / pin 1 and 2 from the plasma cutter to the langmuir box? when we unhook the the 2 wires from the plasma cutter and hit manual cut from the program we can hear the click when we hook up pin 1 and 2 back up to the plasma we get nothing… this is driving us crazy

Hate to say…sorry you fo jotbhave THC…if you search the web for the online manual you will confirm the pin numbers…I do not have that in front of me right now.

I want to go through some questions as I do not see it noted in this thread.
Starting from the beginning.

1. 62i with machine torch andvuou do not have a hand torch
  2. Plasma unit is powered up and there are not any errors on the front display
  3. You have it set to cnc when it is on
  4. What is your air pressure reading on the front of the 62i?
  5. When you press air check you hear air?
  6. What is the air reading on the front of the plasma?
  7. What is your amperage set at?
  8. What size of vompresdorvfo you have?
2 Likes

Toolboy, we have to Thank you, we got it fired up. We are having a toast to you for your help. There are some really happy peeps here.

. It was a faulty plug.

2 Likes

great to hear…have fun…

remember …metal is always hot unless it is in your friends hands…

1 Like

Lol. I will remember that. Thanks again.