Can’t input FireControl as post processor for sheetCAM

I’m trying to import FireControl as the post processor for SheetCAM (since it’s not one of the post processors available by choice in the drop down menu) But when I try to input it instead of input the file name it says no items match your search. I heard that FireControl is a software of Mach 3 but I don’t have Mach3 just the FireControl, do I choose Mach3 plasma as the post processor? Someone please help!

http://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion#post-sheetcam

Check out this link- should help.

1 Like

Can we get a hint about where on the Fusion 360 page it mentions the post processor for Sheetcam? Or which post processor to select on the drop menu in the Sheetcam setup wizard?

1 Like

I tried Import post, downloaded FireControl-v1.6.scpost
In Sheetcam, file, import drawing, selected a dxf file,
File, Run post processor, the code editor shows 8 lines of code,
not enough to do anything with.

Did you copy the .scpost file to the Posts directory in the Sheetcam directory?

Did you go to the Options|Machine menu item in Sheetcam and then go to the Post Processor tab and pick the Firecontrol post in the settings window (half way down - it’s a drop down list)?

1 Like

I seem to recall downloading FireControl-v1.6 from the Langmuir downloads page, then in Sheetcam setup wizard, Post processor list, selecting Import and it appeared as FireControl-v1.6(edited) in the post processor list.
I have the Pro table and Windows 10. Mach3 plasma wasn’t working right as the post processor for Sheetcam. Changing from Mach3 to FireControl-v1.6(edited) in the Sheetcam setup wizard made all the difference.
Then in the left hand column of Sheetcam, figuring out the Operations function got the Gcode well listed. Edit Contours got the internal and external offsets. Tool edits were good for changing the cut speed, torch heights, etc. It’s functional at this point and making parts.
As usual with computers, I try so much stuff that when it does work, I can’t tell exactly how I did it.

Thanks everyone.