Can’t down load files to cut

Hello all. I just got my crossfire up and running. Now how do I download files to cut? Do I need to download Fusion 360? Or am I missing something

You will start with a DXF or SVG file. Then convert it to a ready to cut TAP file. To do this you need a program such as Fusion 360, Sheetcam or something simular. Say your using fusion 360. You will open it, select create a sketch, select the plane wich to place it. Insert the DXF or SVG file. Place it where you want it. Make any changes ( I extrude it when possable) Go to manufacture create a set up. choose tool, define tool paths, set alot of different settings to get to the point you can even make a TAP file. Then post process it and save the file. Then import it into mach3 for cutting. Im sure i missed a few things but you get the idea, Watch the vids on this site and it will show how to do it. Some are outdated but will give you the general idea.

1 Like

what do you want to cut? There is a learning curve. You have to compartment the concepts you are actually doing. You have basically 3 parts or 3.5 or 4 programs that you will be working with. 1. design software. Something like illustrator or Inkscape. You can create a vector image and save as DFX. or SVG… I have had much better luck working with SVG. though scaling is off with fusion on import. 2. Cad program. Fusion 360 is a Cad program. 3. Cam program This where you create toolpaths for cutting your peice. ( fusion does both cad and cam ) you could use a separate individual CAM program like sheetcam. These save your toolpath in a text file for .tap file. 4. cnc controller program. ( crossfire works Mach3 - pro has its own sofrware by langmuir ) which you will load your tap file in.

1 Like

I finally got it cutting!!! It was me trying to get the software figured out. Thanks for all the help. It took some you tube videos to get me to the right spot.

1 Like

Great news. you will have lots of fun when its all figured out.