Can not load into Fire Control

Hello I am new to this I have a Question when I go to load a file to cut out in to Fire control it will not let me do this i get this message that says No program speed found how can I fix this

Where are you getting the cut files? Are you creating them or downloading them from somewhere. Any files you use must be post processed with the correct FireControl post processor before it can be used for cutting in FireControl. You cannot directly load DXF files into FireControl. The downloads section of the Langmuir page has the instruction for downloading and installing the post processor in Fusion360 or SheetCam. Those are the only two supported programs for generating cut files.

2 Likes

first…welcome to the forum.
in order to help you it is always easier to know a few things in order to help get you going in the right direction…

• what type of table do you have …new table cross fire 2’x2’…a new Crossfire Pro?
  • what type of software are you using for design…inkscape…fusion360…one of the other design softwares…
  • then there is the question of when a design is finished you need to run it through either sheetcam or fusion360 that has the proper postprocessor installed in it.

you see if you try to load a file from Fireshare at Langmuir then it most likely is not set up for your machine…
if you have not installed the proper post processor in sheetcam or fusion…the program will not write the tap file in the proper format for the langmuir table to run on.

here is a good place to start…
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/firecontrol/guide

then here is the other information you need for post processor.
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/downloads

So I downloaded a DXF file off line and I have Auto Desk with Fusion 360 so is that were I post process the file and how is this done is there a link on how to do that.

Ummm, Langmuir has a whole “how to” on their support page.

1 Like

If you are struggling with the workflow, I offer 1 on 1 tutoring to get people started.

1 Like

having trouble with work flow and would like some tutoring on how i can get up and running with my own work i have created. im using Adobe Illustrator and sheetcam with firecontrol. i have the the crossfire pro machine. let me know if thats something you can help me with. Thanks

You lost me when you said sheetcam. If you ever switch over to fusion 360 I’m happy to help. I’m sure someone will offer you help.

I can help with some basics…
it does not matter really what design software you use…but for sheetcam…easy…
STart with these videos on Youtube…

this is what I used to start and it really helps…

Firecontrol is the easiest of the whole thing…as long as Sheetcam is setup right you will hove no problems…

4 Likes