Can I get fine cuts (Metal Art) from HT45xt

I intend to cut thin metals (metal art) but still want to cut up to 1/2" thick. Can I get the same cut with a 45xp as with a 30xp? In other words, should I give up thick metal cutting for a better thin metal cut with a smaller machine?

No.

But.

“The T30v (Powermax30) 30 amp consumables will have a shorter life when
used on the T45v. However, they provide optimum cut quality for certain applications.”

“When cutting thin metal (3 mm/10 Ga or thinner), you may achieve a higher cut quality by using the T30v (Powermax30)
30 A consumables and cut charts”

Manual link

After I upgraded from my Everlast 60s which actually was a very decent machine. I bought an powemax 85 which has been serving me very well in the crossfire pro.
Unless I’m running material thinner than 18 gauge I don’t even bother using Finecuts.

Is a tenth of a 16th of kerf width savings worth it?

If you want a smaller machine hypertherm 45 XP is a great choice.

Make sure it has a CPC port and buy it with the 180 machine torch.

Here are the consumables available.

1 Like

Well, I will called the Crossfire Pro down in Lakeside last week. Me and the missus made a weekend of it. Hung out at Balboa Park on Sunday. The auto museum had an international display of motor cycles. Caught a little Bohemian Rhapsody on the pipe organ.

Picked up Powermax 45XP on the way home.

The city signed off rough wiring on upgraded service panel this week. Why they put a 125 amp panel on a 2500 foot house I’ll never know.

Will place an order for QT54 tomorrow.

Hope to make some expensive Christmas gifts.
:christmas_tree:

3 Likes

The first one is really expensive. All the rest are free :grinning: That’s what I tell my wife anyway.

2 Likes

Maybe.

On “normal” every day cutting; probably not.
If doing very intricate artwork; it might allow you another level of detail.

I gotta use that one. :sunglasses: