Buyers remorse crossfire pro (SOLVED)

I am a welder by trade, I thought that this system would further my fabrication possibilities, instead I’m dealing with errors, spending hours reading on forums, thinking I’m getting somewhere, back to errors. I was so excited to add this crossfire pro to my shop.Video after video, practice on fusion 360 while it was shipping. I think i wasted (to me) a ton of money on something that will sit in the corner, and i will dread to use.

1 Like

So what issues are you having?

3 Likes

@Canaan108 Sorry to hear about your experience and welcome to the Forum.

As @Phillipw said what issues are you having?

If you could outline your scenario there’s more than a few members on here willing to troubleshoot your issue.

What plasma cutter are you using?

And what kind of error messages are you having pop up in fire control?

What region are you in? maybe there’s a member that’s close enough to help you in person.

I’m sure once you get past the initial hurdles your Langmuir will become a valuable piece of shop equipment to you.

4 Likes

There are a TON of folks on this forum that are ready, dare I say “annoyingly so”, (looking at you TW :grin: ), to help. We all had that first couple of weeks of, " AAAAHHHH! THIS THING SUCKS, I WILL NEVER GET IT TO WORK!!! oh! I forgot to turn it on" frustration. But this table is cutting like crazy and, whenI can manage to get production work in between all the family stuff, is making some pretty good coin. Stick with it, you’ll do fine.

5 Likes

I will start by saying that i was very tired and had maybe one too many last night when posting. My apologies.
I’ve read enough of this forum already to know that being as specific as possible with what equipment you are using gets you help, as opposed to “errors”. That being said:
Crossfire pro
Razorweld 45 with machine torch
21 gallon, 4scfm air compressor with 2-11 gallon expansion tanks.
I use fusion 360 for design and post processing.
I’ve been using a hypertherm 45 cut chart as well as a forum user’s razorweld chart that he made.
So for awhile I was having ihs issues but found that my eccentric nuts were tight tight, preventing the z carrige from moving up and down, took care of that. Now it’s moved to the software side, the error I’m getting is torch is moving before sensing voltage, so I minipulate the pierce delay % several times until it finally does cut. And when it cuts, man it cuts amazing!
Again sorry for my approach in my last post.
I’m in central NY, Syracuse area. Thanks.

4 Likes

Depending on what your cutting this may be a little anemic. I think you can consider 9 CFM with 60 gallons of storage being about the minimum for an all-around home plasma setup.

What are you currently using for air drying?

What pressure are you operating the razor weld at? I think 75 is the minimum steady state pressure you would want for that machine.

To use this chart you’ll have to take about 40% off the cut speeds.

So now you can freely move up and down the z carriage and activate the IHS or initial height sensing switch repeatably every time?

The minimum Pierce delay setting for the crossfire pro is .5 seconds and we’ll get longer from there the thicker material you use.

I remember being very frustrated at the beginning of my journey. Some self-inflicted problems and some just problems. Now that I’ve moved past that it’s nice to have a piece of equipment that I can program to cut anything I imagine. It is definitely worth getting over these hurdles.

So currently can you use the line cutting feature to cut across the whole sheet using the torch height control without any errors?
You may have some issues with your air keeping up over that length of a cut.

No doubt it is! I have to live with my compulsion everyday.

4 Likes

Thank you for your response.
I can straight line cut fine, the ihs engages every time on all cuts, so the z is moving freely. The 2-11 gallon auxillary or expansion tanks gave me a scfm measurment of about 9.4 ish at 90psi. I am using an in line desiccant dryer. To be perfectly honest i dont understand pierce delay, of all the factors…ie lead in, out, cutting height, ipm, all that i get, pierce delay = no idea.

it is how long it gives plasma to cut or pierce material before starting to move.

So the higher the value, the slower in other words longer the torch will linger?

yes if you set for .5 sec the machine will fire the torch then wait .5 seconds before it starts moving to give the arc time to burn through the material

1 Like

I see, thank you.

1 Like

you could be having consumable issues. i started out with the rw45 i always started getting that error when consumables are used up. it isnt the only reason to get that error but can cause it.

That is one thing i havent checked, I didn’t know that consumables would throw an error, I just thought the cut quality would suffer with bad consumables. I will check that. Just to mention i cut primarily 16 gauge, and occasionally 1/8" but nothing thicker.

yes, if the pilot arc doesn’t transfer it can give that error. if you do not have your air quality up to par you can trash a set of consumables very fast.

1 Like

I also have the regulator set on the air compressor to 90.

That is good to know!

what is pressure showing of the front of your plasma while cutting. i have to open the plasma up it has a regulator inside turn it up so is stays about 75 while cutting.

1 Like

I will look the next time i cut (in about an hour)
I feel silly saying this but i can’t seem to get the tip out of the torch.

you have to unscrew the retaining ring.

In fusion 360 if you hoover the cursor over these options for a second a detailed explanation of that parameter will pop up.

Here is a link explaining the 2D profile options

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-C14B9F20-3A39-4930-971E-BDFE268384B9

1 Like