Big Big Thanks to Langmuir for Gen2 and Firecontrol

Great big shout out to the gang at Langmuir. I recently upgraded my original Gen 1 CrossFire system to Gen 2 with THC. I primarily did this in order to be able to use Firecontrol. The installation of the new hardware was easy and straight forward. The new Smart torch height feature is fantastic and I can’t say enough good things about the pattern creating feature in Firecontrol. That feature alone will save me HOURS of work and potential mistakes.

I’ve updated my entire tool chain now to include LibreCAD for design, SheetCAM for post processing and finally Firecontrol for torch control. This new software stack is far
easier to use (for my needs) than Fusion360 and Mach3. Do I need to tell anybody how
much I dislike Mach3?

Extra bits: I’m still using my original ViperCut 30i. The addition of the THC DIV module
required cracking the machine open and attaching the wires directly to raw power (torch
and ground). This was quite easy to do on the Vipercut 30i. SheetCAM makes it very
easy to cut small holes (0.06 radius) by simply drilling down and then cutting the hole. Small holes are/were an absolutely nightmare in Fusion360.

I may actually begin to enjoy using my setup again. The new features will most certainly
save me a LOT of time.

Thanks again Langmuir Team. A job very well done and highly appreciated.

William C. Brown

11 Likes

Nice post for all the guys at Langmuir, well said!