Been cutting a few days with Green Cut fluid review

Plain water and washing soda. Keep the PH And alkalinity on the slightly high side.
And no corrosion. Common pool water testing kit. Plain water and washing soda and Alkalinity up. From the pool store LOWES. ETC
WORKED in the boiler industry like, since forever. Proven
And safe.
Metals typically develop a passivation layer in moderately alkaline (high pH) solutions, which lowers the corrosion rate as compared to acidic (low pH) solutions. The passivation layer provides a measure of immunity to further corrosion (e.g. Ti, Ta).
You can run the PH up to about 11.5-12.
Higher alkaline actually prohibits the corrosion due to the passive layer coating.

1 Like

So how much of what do you add to your table when you start off with clean water?

Thanks

I throw in about 2 cups to 8 gals of water. I put it in the bottom of my 5gal pails and then add the water which mixes it up. The table only takes about 7 gallons but I get enough splashing that the extra gallon gets used over a few drain & fill cycles. When it’s not enough anymore I dump the water, rinse the buckets and start over.

May I ask, 2 cups of what? are you using the green cutting fluid?

One of those cups sprinkled into the pan while filling with the hose and the water stays nice and clear without hardly anything rusting.
I get it at the hardware store, really don’t know why anyone would use anything else.

3 Likes

I’ll be trying that

Than you

Sorry. The post before mine was about washing soda so that’s what I was referring to. For a small user, Green is hard to get in a reasonable quantity (5 gal would last me forever, or at least a really long time).

1 Like

No problem I saw the other post where someone said they were using the washing powder and I had my wife get some and have used that so far but I will be trying this next.

Thank you

1 Like

I’ve been using the Borax for a while and the only problem I’ve had is to make sure you wipe down your machine at the end of the day. The splashing of the solution on the tracks will build up and make bumps when it dries and may interfere with the travel performance.
Bob

1 Like