Bad boy mower reese hitch

5 Likes

Pretty nice!
What’s the hitch weight rating on that thang? :wink:
It’s stuff like this that keeps bringing me back to thinking I should get a welder! (and learn how to weld, of course!)

2 Likes

took up welding a few years ago…now have TIG and MIG…and the first lesson you got to remember is …
“EVERYTHING IS HOT!!!”
“SPARKS ALWAYS LAND IN YOUR CROTCH AND SHOES”

3 Likes

Oh my! I guess I will have to get rid of my Crossfire Pro. All I wear are shorts and tennis shoes!

Well, I cover the ‘important stuff’ with a leather apron when I’m cutting…

not me…but one can never be to safe …

2 Likes

The mower had holes for a hitch so I think I’ll be ok pulling a small trailer around doing yard work with it.

My question was tongue in cheek and the installation looks good and solid. It was just a bit surprising to see a class 3 hitch on a mower :grin:

1 Like

2 Likes

Can’t let numbers get in your way of just making something work with what you got Tom :laughing:

2 Likes

I feel like I should do something like this for my little trailer, I hate having to go and get the truck everytime i want to just move the trailer so I can mow. With my luck I would put too much weight in the back and lift the mower off the ground haha.

3 Likes

I like the photo, but I think you should put a couple of cord of wood in that trailer!
Sorry, I was raised in the northeast. I should have said, where’s the dirt track modified for that trailer (or some such) :flushed:
Still like the hitch though. I should curse you for getting those ‘should I get into welding’ hormones coursing through my body now!

2 Likes

I haul my wood with this Tom

:grin:

4 Likes

I think @ctgolfer hauls his clubs in something like that…
Definitely woods ready!

1 Like

You should 100% get into welding. It is fantastic to stick 2 pieces of metal together, it is also very functional too haha. I started with a little Mig machine and now have mig, tig, stick. I am still not good at it but I do enjoy it haha.

1 Like

Mig is super easy to learn.I work in a welding facility and used to be a weld instructor for new hires. I had little grandmas mig welding after a few hrs in class. I would bypass the fluxcore mig welders and get a gas setup.

1 Like

I feel like I’m hijacking this thread, but since you mentioned it, I will say that I took a welding ‘class’ in December at a local Maker Shop. It was only a 2 hour class and in it I learned two things:

1. You can’t learn to weld in two hours, especially a freebee class.
  2. You want to make sure that your workpiece is clearly distinguished from the welding table as the only thing I managed to weld was my workpiece to the table…
    I tried to ‘audit’ a welding class at a local community college, but the head of the department didn’t think I was worthy enough to reply to my two emails.
1 Like

So what do haul this around in a wheelbarrow

My wife likes to take my Zero turn mower and a dump bed little thing we have an call it her tractor and drive all over the place taking dirt and plants etc for her gardens. She gave me so much crap about wanting a z turn and in the end I think she likes it even more than me! I mainly want it just to be able to move the trailer around without getting a truck. I doubt most of the time I would even have anything in it.

2 Likes

You kinda gave me a idea…i can use my reese hitch luggage carrier with this setup to haul stuff around too.

4 Likes