Anyone upgrade from RW45 to a Hypertherm?

Yea I forget the exact pump specs I posted them here somewhere when I got the system but I think it’s like 17SCFM on an 80 gallon tank, think I have max pressure set at 130psi, the compressor can kick on during a cut and refill the tank without effort and the plasma doesn’t lose any psi. I had pressure issues with my RW45 out of the box (internal regulator was bad so replaced it) and during that diag I decided to just go overboard on air specs

well still waiting on that air dryer to ship, been processing for a few days, and I just caved and ordered a hypertherm powermax 45xp, the razorweld seems to cut fine but the features of the hypertherm won me over the machines seem incredible.

So we’ll see how it goes, wish my air dryer had shipped by now.

1 Like

Air dryer shipped, hypertherm backordered prob won’t see it for a month, but it’ll give me time to setup the air system and make sure the table is dialed in

Oh the wait!!! I don’t think you will regret it. I am not sure that they will fit the XP the copper plus electrodes are made for metal under 1/2 inch 220777 part number. I use on my 65 I get 1500 plus pierces and 4 or better hours arc time. When I cut 1/4

Yea they have the copperplus electrodes, I bought the essentials consumable kit it has 3 of those in there and 4 regulars. I bought a bunch of fine cut pieces too. The wait is gonna be brutal. If I can get 1500 pierced I’ll be in love.

I have a ton of argon too (I tig) so I might try out the marking mode too since on argon it seems to look much nicer than on air

Hey where in your loop is the HF dryer?

I think they advertise cuts under 20 seconds and 1/2 and under they will double your pierces. Some put them in different places. I have mine the last piece of the puzzle before going to my numerous drop lines. May not be the best way but it works for me. Because I worried about pressure drop I added a 30 gallon tank down stream for stuff to pull from. My setup I can cut, sandblast never see moisture in the last tank. I powder coat parts at home for the company. Two hours non stop pulling straight out of my last tank. Not a drip.

1 Like