Anyone try this stuff for water table?

Didn’t see this mentioned when searching.

anyone have ant experience with this?

I use Greencut right now

and am looking into this product to try next

1 Like

I’ve been very happy with the sterling cool.

1 Like

good to hear…
I have heard some people like it for aluminum…
I love my Greencut…no rust ever…easy to keep a balance of Ph levels.

I don’t even test mine. I mix it thinner than recommended too. I have a good filtration system in place though so it stays pretty clean.

I just ordered some of the Greencut to see how it does. How long does it last you between changes?

I do not change it.
I filter it each time I drain the table into a reserve tank below…I clean the table…then pump the fluid back to the table the next time I cut.
I test the Ph levels to keep it around 9 to 10

and add fluid to table as required…have not dumped it yet as it evaporates when cutting so I just keep adding.

you can keep this going for years as long as you keep the Ph balanced and clean it once and a while.

2 Likes

Hey brownfox…what filter system did you come up with for cleaning the fluid.

Sweet! That was my plan as well to recirculate it. Thanks for the info. :+1:

all I have is a storage tank under the table…and the table drains through a 10 micron residential water filter…

then I pump it back into the table after…

2 Likes

I use one of these on draining and one on filling.

Rusco/Vu-Flow 1" 100 Mesh PVC Spin Down Sediment T-Style Water Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GUQDSBG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_W484KCBY9R5ESSS85Y4N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Everything is 1 inch pvc with two linked rv water tanks because the first one I bought was too small and I had to refill often.

I use a harbor freight pump hooked to a foot switch to turn on and off.

2 Likes

love your filter…
Had one of those in an old house in the country I had…they work great for quick rinse and cleaning

but got mine for free and 3 cases of filters for free…not gong to ague with it.

Yeah the one you posted looks really similar. Great minds!

I ordered a gallon of the Eastwood fluid, should be here this weekend, I’ll let ya’ll know how it works

Ok people…
Here is the scoop.
I have been operating my Cross fire for over 2 years. Probably only 2-6 times each month. I’m only a DIY guy and not a shop.

At first, I tried all the commercial water table additives that was advertised and suggested by many members. If you bought the same stuff, you already know that it’s expensive and sometimes hard to get in small quantities.

Until I saw this vid on YouTube.

Yes Borax. $5 a box at Home Depot.
I swear by it. I simply spread some Borax in my water table every once in a while swish it around with a stick. The borax dissolves quickly and there is no issues with the water table or cut quality. Especially NO rust anywhere. I don’t empty my water table often and only when I need to clean it out after a few projects.

“BORAX” Try it, You won’t regret it and you will have some extra cash in your pocket to buy more metal plates…

I hope this help.
Rod in San Francisco

3 Likes

I just ordered 5 gallons of this for 134.00 free shipping and no tax. Makes 100 gallons 20:1 mix ratio. I also have drain and fill system with modest filter system. Should last me forever. Tired of scale on table from borax. Still get surface rust on bottom of part when cutting even when ph is above 9. Hope this works better. https://www.konzenchemical.com/Plasma-Green-1050-for-rust-prevent-bio-control-p/pg-1050-5.htm

I have been using the Borax for going on 2 years in 2 different tables. Good tip for those who dont know about it or just dont want to buy the expensive juice.

2 Likes

That was Langmuir’s reccommendation way back when they brought out the original table. Scaling up to the Pro’s water table capacity would be 2 cups Borax.

1 Like

I use swimming pool pH increaser which is soda ash. A few tablespoons per gallon and the pH stays above 9 easily. Very cheap and easy to mix.
It has been working great for over 6 months now. No rust. To keep algae and mold out I put in a few tablespoons of algaecide for swimming pools. Bought it at Lowe’s and a gallon of it treats something like 10,000 gallons of water. I haven’t had any issues with either.

2 Likes

I use this product via Amazon. Am very happy with it overall.