Anyone have their x axis quit working?

What we want to do is test the continuity to the motor first as this is usually the first thing to get bollixed up.

To do this, unplug the terminal block from the driver and measure the resistance between the A+ & A- pins on the terminal block. You should read a couple of ohms. If that passes, do the same thing for the B+ & B- pins. If either or both of these fail then you have a break in the wiring from the terminal block to the motor.

If that passes we’ll move on to the next thing…

Both passed at 1.3 ohms

Ok, so your motor is connected to the driver. At this point, Langmuir will have to walk you through testing out the connections from the driver to the control board. As I said, I don’t have a Pro so can’t guide you on that side of the circuit. Sorry…

Thank you for you help.

Had a similar issue. Replaced the driver with a DM452T. Got it to work, but a few things to note:
The driver has a larger footprint, it will not fit in the existing mount holes, but does fit at an angle using one of the existing mount holes. Also, it is deeper, he cover can not be fully pushed on. Leaves maybe 1/2 inch gap on the sides.
On the newer versions, there is a 5/24V dip switch. This is for the control voltage, I had to change from 24 to 5. Motor does not operate when 24 is selected.
The motor ran opposite direction when initially installed, just had to reverse either the A or B leads to get it to run correctly. Be extra careful if changing a y axis driver. Would probably be a good idea to disconnect motors from the lead screws and confirm rotation in this case.
It is significantly quieter than the original driver. Especially at lower speeds.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Good advice and tips about the DM452T. I keep forgetting about the larger footprint. The TB6600 units are being swamped by crappily built units that randomly fail, plus the DM452T, as you say, is quieter and has a superior acceleration characteristics.

I hooked my wires the same as alwnasrock. I switched from 24v to 5v. I can hear the motor click but not move. Any help I would appreciate.

Did you figure the problem out? I am running into the same issues.

i never did figure out how to make that DM425t work. it doesnt fit in the cabinet but that is a easy remedy just by building another cover for the electronics cabinet. i actually just returned mine and order a new unit from langmiur. sorry i couldnt be of any help and for the delayed response.

Mine isnt working right ! It wont move or it goes left when you want it to go right and then left when right! But then it stops randomly and will work right for a min HELP for sure (just when i thought it was going well amd i made a few cuts and starting to think i understood it too lol)

Those are the symptoms of the current jumping across the pins of the connector. Pull the X motor connector from the control box and look for burnt pins. If none are burnt, push the connector back on all the way and don’t tighten the screws. The screws on some units were too long and pushed the connector out when tightened.

2 Likes