Anyone have dross issues cutting galvanized?

Great looking square to rounds and elbows.

I’ve definitely used some furnace cabinets for parts before. Reuse :+1:

What type of elbow edger are you using for the gores?

Pexto rolls.

And the roller on the plasma table.

Very cool sir.

Peck stow & Wilcox number 4, it’s an open frame model.

How old do you think that one is…1910?

A lot of the newer style ones are encasement frames.

Vintage cast iron sheet metal working equipment is one of my other interests, I have quite a collection of books and iron.

Yeah I use some really old stuff.

1 Like

A Niagara burring machine and it looks like some brand of a groove seam setting machine, is that a Niagara as well? I think they’re both copies of the peck stow & Wilcox series

And that lockformer is the top of the line for a Pittsburgh is that a Rams or a tennSmith flanging attachment on there.

Your rollers look like a nice vintage set too. are they Gap style that open up?

I have one of those same stakes too they still sell that exact same stake brand new on the Roper Whitney site. (Edit; I just checked the Roper Whitney site and they took all their forming stakes off it must have been recent cuz I just looked the other day. https://www.roperwhitney.com/product-category/hand-tools/forming-stakes-and-accessories/ )

Lots of good stuff there.

It opens up, I’ll get some names and ages on them.
I have many stakes and a plate, all floating around. I’m thinking of doing some tinsmithing, cups and such, if I ever get time.

1 Like

@TinWhisperer @billg

You guys are making me smile!! It’s fun to “listen in” on other trades guys throwing around names/model numbers like us carpenters would about tools equipment used in our trade… I have no idea what you two are talking about but, fun to read along!! You can tell you both really know your work!!

4 Likes

I think he has more then heart palpitations.
:wink: