Any way to get sharper edges?

Yes I know the things I’m trying to cut are pretty small but worth asking, I’m cutting some stars on 16 gauge steel, Hypertherm xp45 fine cut tip, designed in fusion and than finished in sheet cam, is there a setting a can mess with to try to get sharper edges on the stars? They arnt bad but still more rounded than I would like,
Setting are right out the book- 250 in per min,
Thank you guys!

You are pretty much at the mercy of your kerf width.

I believe high speed fine cut settings are the smallest kerf width with the 45 XP.

I would also try starting your Pierce in the middle of that star and then cutting all the points so you don’t end up with one weird shaped point in the store.
(It looks like you might be doing that already)

1 Like

Yes it’s already started in the center, I think its as clean as it can get unfortunately, it still looks good as is, was just curious if I was missing a setting that could make it better,

I’m still happy with it

1 Like

It’s not possible to cut a sharp inside corner with a round plasma stream.

Here is mine. What size is your flag? This is standard consumables.

1 Like

You can change offsets in sheetcam cam to inside offset (cuts inside of line)outside offset(outside of line) or no offset (cuts directly on line).

1 Like

Mines a front license plate,

1 Like

Got ya. That is pretty small. You may be able to fudge on your kerf a little and help some. Don’t think I was being deceitful that flag has some size it is around 16 by 32. This one is like 12 by 22 you can tell the difference. I would find some scrap cam out just one of your stars any play with settings. There is only so much you can do tho.

1 Like