Any interest in novice sheetcam session

I’m game. I do zoom Meetings all the time. Im available all week for the most part.

Same here. Be happy to help

We ran through a zoom test session yesterday. Thanks to Dave for his work on this. Its going to help a lot of us new guys understand the startup basics from drawing to cutting. There will be a Q&A at the end of the presentation. We will try to compile them to create a commonly asked question guide.

Not sure on a date yet, but it will be soon.

2 Likes

That sound good. Keep us posted.

Thanks a bunch to GpRaceWorks (Greg) for spending a couple of hours last night looking over the presentation. It really helped, I am thinking mid-week next week for a session.
I would like to break it up into two, 1 for very beginners who absolutely nothing about SheetCam which will be session “A” and another for the group that already own the software and may have a little experience with it but really don’t understand it much which will be session “B”
Best way to do this is just PM me with the category you fall into and I’ll get the invite out.
Again thanks Greg for your help and looking forward to sharing what little I do know with a wonderful group.
jr.

1 Like

Your welcome! I’m adding my notes to the PP and will send it over Monday.

Spent the day looking at instructional videos and practicing Sheetcam with AutoCAD drawn dxf files. Pretty much got a decent handle on it now.

1 Like

Sure! When? I still need to download it

@num1husker. Count us for the Very beginner group!

On the Help menu tab there is a selection to open the settings directory. Do that and you should see the settings that are your personalized settings (tools, sheetcam.ini, etc), but you should also see a folder called ‘posts’.

Copy your current post processor to that folder, call it something unique (as your own personal post processor), and, without making any changes to the post processor file, open SheetCam and select that file from the post processor list (under Options->Job->Post tab). It should add (editted) to the name.

This is where the fun begins! :grin:

1 Like

Hi I’d like to join this training session too. Just tell em when.

Count me in for the “A” group please!

Welcome to the group!

Count me in again I can zoom

I’m tentatively planning on a Thursday this week with the beginner group and if it works out with mine and hopefully Greg’s schedule too I’ll get the time dialed in and send out an invitation. This will be a very basic session for people who have zero to very little knowledge sheetcam.

1 Like

count me in …

Please send me an invite for the session I have many very basic questions

Thank you Tim

I’m going to have the very beginner session tomorrow at 5:30pm PST, I’ll be sending out the zoom call link and entry code later this evening to everyone who asked me to put them “A” session.

This is a very informal presentation, so grab a beverage, sit back and enjoy.

Just a FYI it works much better if you have headphones on so when you ask questions everyone won’t get the feedback, again they are not required just a suggestion.

I dunno if I specified “A” session but I would like to be

Invite went out to your Langmuir message center, hopefully I didn’t leave anyone out, the invite went to everyone who asked so if a beginning session is a little to basic I’ll be putting together another session maybe later next week.
Also if you can’t make this one I’ll plan another very soon as well.
jr.

1 Like