Another stupid question

Absolutely!!

thatā€™s kinda how I thought it worked. I thought I read somewhere in the instructions not to load a lot of junk on the computer on the table. I guess that small hard drive doesnā€™t hold a lot.

So I can set up a default location folder directly to my email?

Noā€¦ I thought youā€™d have SheetCam always output your finished(posted) file to your desktop or something like thatā€¦ THEN, just email that file to yourselfā€¦ And, retrieve that email and file at your table.

thatā€™s what I thought. thanks. Iā€™ll dingle around with it tomorrow. Really want to check my THC. I havenā€™t seen it move on itā€™s own yet. Only by toggling it.

You need to load the post processor for SheetCAM. You can find it and how to load it on the Langmuir site.

CAM with SheetCAM | Langmuir Systems

Yes, thank you. Iā€™m almost there. A few more hours of frustration and it may actually cut something.

Make sure to record a grin on your face right after it does cut successfully! its a pretty incredible feeling after the effort put in .

3 Likes

O.K. got so frustrated that the machine has been sitting for over 3 months and havenā€™t cut a thing. Iā€™m ready to jump in and try again. Iā€™m stuck between break in process (did that) and actually setting parameters and such so the machine doesnā€™t go past the hard stops and try to keep going (ask me how I know). This is where I left it. There are no videos that show any setup from the time it is powered up to 1st cut. I want to do some dry runs and make sure the THC is working. Any help at this point would be much appreciated or Iā€™m going to scrap this thing.

You need to zero all axis and pick point of origin?? It will try to run away if you donā€™t do these things.

The THC only functions when the torch is firing.

1 Like

these are the things I have no clue how to do. Sounds easy when you say it but itā€™s an hour just trying to figure out how to get to the point to zero the axis. Iā€™m a picture guy.

1 Like

When you jog the torch to where you want to start. In the upper ish right hand side of fire control you will see a button that says zero all axis. Then on the left side you will see pick point of origin or something like that right above return to zero. When you click that you will see 5 green boxes on the drawing. You click the one you want to be understood as all zero. That is where it will begin.

I assume you have a tap file or g codes loaded into fire control.

2 Likes

Here is a video that I made to show people how to set the zero and locate a part on the table.

2 Likes

That helps, I just have to get to the point where Iā€™m ready to cut. Iā€™ll fiddle with it this afternoon if I get a little time.

1 Like