Air Force ROTC Patch for daughter

Hello everyone!

Newbie with a Crossfire and 45xp. Watching the tutorials on Inkscape, Sheetcam, and Mach3. Learning all of these new software programs is like taking a drink from a firehose!

My daughter is in the Air Force ROTC at UGA. Would like to surprise her and her fellow cadets with a metal sign of their new detachment logo. Wondering if anyone here could help me with creating a DXF file of the attached jpeg. By the time I figure out how to do it on my own she will probably be on active duty! :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. Much appreciated!

Keith

Det Patch.jpg.zip (1.1 MB)

It looks like a pretty clean image. You could use inkscapes vector tracing function. To redraw it and match fonts would be a bit of work. I wouldn’t do it for free, but I’m a heartless bastard. Maybe someone will though.

I don’t have an issue paying someone for their time. What is a reasonable estimate to do this? Thanks.

I ran it through inkscapes bitmap tracer for you. Not sure what dxf options to check, I’ve only been working with svg so far.
rotc.dxf (409.0 KB) rotc

Thank you Jon!
Check your private messages.

hi Keith,

good luck with your project, sounds really cool.

one tip - Sheetcam can import SVG. I do design work in Inkscape, save it as SVG. The visible layers are what will be imported into Sheetcam. I find much fewer import issues w/r/t scaling when using SVG with Sheetcam vs DXF.

1 Like

when opening this file in Inkscape, be sure to change display mode to outline (Ctrl 5 cycles)

1 Like