Air Dryer/Filter for air compressor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-COMPRESSED-AIR-INLINE-FILTER-DESICCANT-DRYER-3-STAGE-GOOD-FOR-PLASMA-CUTTER/252172639505?hash=item3ab6a91d11 Is what I got.

Hows it working for You?

I’ve been using the motorguard filter been working great it’s nice you can take it apart and dry out the roll inside.

Just living in Phoenix Arizona we don’t have too much humidity

1 Like

Hey @bsulley22! Glad to see you’re still poking around here.

For those not around in the ‘early days’ of the company (i.e 10 months ago), bsulley22 was the first ever order we ever received as a company.

4 Likes

Yes still trying to keep up on here. Been on the road for work the past months so haven’t been able to use the machine much.

2 Likes

This was an old favorite

1 Like

Considering the rain/snow And the only time my shop is heated is when im out there, my set up is working great. I just took the crystals out of the oven a minute ago. Changed them 2 times since i got it in dec. ( and only on my second tip). The 2 filters have a water drain valve wich always has a little water in them. But that means the setup is doing there job. Im saprised they do work so well beens I always have something in there dripping melting snow. I plummed it with hydraulic fittings so i can disasemble it all in prob 2 minutes if needed.

Compressed air dryers seem to be back in stock at Harbor Freight.

2 Likes

I’ve got the same dryer and a motorguard at the cutter. It works great. Motorguard at the cutter is dry as a bone.

I got an aftercooler with water trap before the tank on the compressor.

Then I just installed this monster before the cutter… the smaller 2 stage is what I’ve been using but decided to just leave it inline. Will cut some stuff out in the next few days and will report back. gonna try to modify the motorguard mount in fileshare to accommodate both units.

2 Likes

Took james5 M60 Mount design and stretched it out to incorporate the 2 units. Fit pretty good.

I cut it using the new desiccant/filter combo.

Noticed significantly less dross and cleaner cut using primeweld cut60.

Hit it with a wire wheel and lightly flap dialed to prep for paint… painted it with hammered black.

Mounted

3 Likes

That turned out nice - glad to see the bracket helped out! That M60 is a little tricky to mount! The design for it is on Fileshare : https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/motor-guard-m60-mount
:+1:

2 Likes

Where did you get that giant desiccant holder? I need one and have searched a bit, but haven’t seen that one before.

After zooming in, it’s meant for water?

Wow I wouldn’t want to be around when that thing pops.

yeah its a water filter. there are a couple of YT videos of a guy using one for his paint set up. It’s cheaper than a “real filter” but we’ll see. It’s super thick plastic and rated at 125 PSI. I figure if the cheap harbor freight desiccant filter holds up to that pressure, why not this one that’s much beefier?

1 Like

yeah i was thinking about that too. i might make a shroud for it out of 14 gauge just for CYA… lol

The harbor freight one has a metal shield around it.

true. but you would think that cheap plastic bubble would have cracked or broken under pressure by now.

My water utility jacked up our water pressure from 60 to over 100 and it blew apart the water valve on my fridge and busted the valve on my shower. PVC pipe was fine. Make a shield to go around it with some slots so you can still see the desiccant.

that’s what i was thinking of doing, plus it’ll be easier to bend around the front side of the filter.