Air Compressor Question

You can buy a 60 gallon 3 1/2 HP 240 volt that will run everything for around $500 at Lowes or Home Depot

1 Like

https://www.orschelnfarmhome.com/tools-repair/tools/air-compressors/industrial-air-60-gallon-air-compressor-signle-stage-107417569.html Here is what I bought. about 5 years ago was on sale for $350 then. Great for the price and handles the table just fine.

Did you check out the youtube video of Hannah’s bug where she parallels 4 compressors. quite interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGYgQO5TFto

1 Like

I did, way too much effort for me to spend on this lol.

It was pretty intense. Lol

ADVmaker what I did and is working with VERY LITTLE testing, since each compressor has a magnetic pressure switch to energize the motor starters.

Disclaimer: I did this myself and do not recommend it unless you also have a converted goat shed or chicken coup.

I pulled a 15 amp circuit off each leg of my 220V supply, ran the wires just like I was hard wiring the compressors only thing different was I used only 1 of the pressure switches to “switch the hot wire” of both, thus one switch turns on both compressors. They don’t overload a typical “garage circuit” because they each are separate 15 amp ones.

So far it hasn’t hurt the magnetic switch, which is rated at 220V (I guess 1 switch used for all the cheap compressors they made for Harbor freight and Northern tool, it’s easier to have 1 part number than 2) and I have a spare one

They both come on and act together to fill a “common” 60 gallon chamber by equalizing pressure between the 2

No issues yet with Motor starters and they IIRC are also rated at 220V

Will it blow up? Dunno…IF ANYONE THINKS THIS MIGHT BE A RALLY BAD IDEA>>>PLEASE SPEAK UP

I am not licensed to legally do anything…but I do it anyways :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

and no we do not have code/permits etc in BFE, except secret handshake for cold beer :shushing_face:

:beers:

ETA, I did check for a hot condition with a meter and A non-contact voltage tester

3 Likes

Like they say… What happens in the goat shed…Stays in the goat shed… Or was that Vegas.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Whatever happened to the guy converting the chicken coup ?

@Aaron
Found him…how is progress?

It’s going well I just am having a hard time posting a pic . The pro is great I have been cutting all kinds of stuff . And the coop is all converted .

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sweet, what size is coup?

Eta…a purple tunnel ram? So 1989 :stuck_out_tongue:

About 8x10 6’ tall. Inside walls skinned with galvanized sheet metal and then painted flat black to keep the glare down so far do good a lot less mess than chickens . Heck of a lot more fun too. Small enough to heat real fast in the winter. Triple duce on that ram too.

2 Likes

So is that inside dimensions? Any issues building it in there?
Because that is part of my drama…must remeasure after work lol…

You look like you got lots of space!

Ugh…is 10 ft width? :flushed:

Lawdy…Lawdy.

Is the cast finger bronze by any chance :beers:

Just bought the same compressor. Any issues running this Kobalt compressor with a CNC plasma table? Thanks.

The finger is ceramic, my grandpa won it from Detroit cklw it’s super cool . The measurements are fugged almost 10’ deep .It’s cramped inside but it’s nice to shut the door keeps it safe from kids .the compressor is to small I have to pause at the end of lines and let the compressor catch up here and there. I feel like there are less arc loss problems if it does not start while the program is running. I’m saving what I make off of cuts to upgrade to the bigger one I see 60 gallon compressors go for just under $600 . Probably going to hook them together just for volume. And it’s also a oil less compressor so it is loud . And runs for a long time to hit 175

Dident realize you were not asking me my compressor is not pictured or a kobalt lol sorry.

Pulled the trigger on the Kobalt 60gal 2 stage from Lowes. Out the door with the 4 year extended warranty, (which gives almost 7 years of coverage) was $740. Should handle the table fine, and more… :smiley:

3 Likes

Aaron, glad to see it is 8ft wide, I was worried mine is 89" wide so I will be fine it looks like! That statue is cool lol

I almost got that compressor. I had my eye on it and a dewalt at Tractor Supply. I ended up with a Quincy QT-54 - 2 stage 60 gal from Northern Tool. I went that way mainly because they are made in USA and actually in the state I live. It was more $$$ and more than I was planning to spend but decided to support the home team - buy once cry once…they are great compressors.

4 Likes